We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise port to El Yunque

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise port to El Yunque

We're planning to cruise out of San Juan and would like to spend a couple of extra days in San Juan before we sail. El Yunque sounds like a beautiful place to hike and sightsee. What is the best way to get there? We hadn't planned to rent a car. Is public transportation or taxi cost effective?

pa
Level Contributor
824 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise port to El Yunque

I would definitely rent a car,but beware driving can be an interesting experience!

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise port to El Yunque

Take a cab from the cruise to the rental car lot at SJU (6 miles East), Take the rental car to El Yuneke (30 miles further East). As you can see the rental car lots and SJU are on the way from the cruise to the rainforest. It is an easy drive on Saturday and Sunday when the cruises disembark. No San Juan city driving from SJU to the rainforest.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise port to El Yunque

if you are against renting a car, you can hire a pre arranged car service. i dont know the price to provide a tour of el yunques, but you can find out. email John Rosario at Johnspublico@yahoo.com for more info.

i would guess around $120.

if you rent a car you can get there pretty easily. plus have a car to maybe go somewhere else like Camuy and Arecibo

Edited: 12:33 am, January 11, 2013
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise port to El Yunque

Publicos can't go to the Rainforest, neither most of the Taxis. Either rent a car or join a Tour

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise port to El Yunque

Thanks all! We aren't against renting a car, we just didn't think we'd need one. But now that I'm doing more research about San Juan, I think we may stay 3-4 days- there's so much to see!

6. Re: Cruise port to El Yunque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 13, 2014