We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do we take the carseat on our trip? First timers!

Phila
5 posts
Save Topic
Do we take the carseat on our trip? First timers!

We are traveling to San Juan and staying at the Ritz. We will only be going into Old San Juan one day. Do we need or should we take the car seat on the trip? I've heard the taxis aren't even equipped for them. It seems kind of useless but don't want to regret leaving it behind.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do we take the carseat on our trip? First timers!

The car rental agency should provide a carseat. If you know what agency you'll be using and have made reservations, call ahead and let them know you need one.

Phila
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do we take the carseat on our trip? First timers!

We aren't renting a car. We are staying right next to the airport and will only be in a taxi once.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,238 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do we take the carseat on our trip? First timers!

Taxis will not have a car seat. Bring your own. Safety first!

MN
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Do we take the carseat on our trip? First timers!

Yes bring your own car seat. The drivers are very aggresive in pr. Our ride from old san juan to isle verde in a taxi had my9yr old very nervous. We laugh now but @ the time she didnt feel very safe

austin
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do we take the carseat on our trip? First timers!

I wouldn't want my child in a PR taxi, or any car in PR, without the car seat... Very aggressive driving from all drivers.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
309 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do we take the carseat on our trip? First timers!

We've been 5 times to Mexico and countless to Puerto Rico with 2 kids. We always bring a car seat. It's free to check them in, and that way we have them for getting around. You may find using it more than once, if you plan to eat outside the immediate hotel area hotel. Isla Verde is pretty big and if you decide to eat in Old San Juan or Condado on another day or if you decide to rent a car and explore, you will be using the car seat a lot.

Edited: 9:32 pm, January 09, 2013
7. Re: Do we take the carseat on our trip? First timers!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 11, 2014