We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secluded beach

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
208 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Secluded beach

My wife has been losing weight and getting fit, so I bought her a tiny little bikini and would love to take some pictures on a secluded beach. We will be in San Juan late January . Any recommendations?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secluded beach

How far do you want to drive?

Do you want to be among a few people or really alone.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
208 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secluded beach

Pretty much alone and the drive is no big deal. A day on a quiet beach is awesome!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secluded beach

That's a tall order on an island with 3.7 million people. The secluded beaches are primarily on the outer islands and cays.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
208 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secluded beach

I am sure we will find a spot, just looking for some help in finding a quiet beach. Never hurts to ask!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secluded beach

Are you renting a car?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secluded beach

Only one place to go:

PUNTA TUNA - MAUNABO Punta Tuna The warm, unspoiled and untamed blue and green waters of the beaches of Maunabo are one of its major attractions. The three beaches (Los Bohios, Los Pinos and Playa Punta Tuna) are mostly visited by the locals all year round. The beaches also attract tourists that explore other regions beyond San Juan and other major cities. Surfers love these wild and dangerous waters. The Punta Tuna beach is also known by the locals as Playa Escondida or the "hidden beach", crowned by the Punta Tuna Lighthouse on one side and separated from the main road by lush sea grape trees on the other. The beach is only accessible by foot through a short dusty road. Punta Tuna is a beautiful coarse sand beach with quartz material mixed in with the base sand. This gives the beach a golden color durring some sun positions.

Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
627 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Secluded beach

On weekdays you have better chance to find such place. The beach in front of the Capitol building in San Juan is almost always deserted and easily accessible from Old San Juan and Condado.

Questions? Ask!

Juan Carlos Ortega

Puerto Rico

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secluded beach

You can go to Seven Seas in Fajardo and then walk to Escondido or El Convento beaches. Just be careful - they are not swimming beaches.

Kansas
Level Contributor
305 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secluded beach

I've walked to Escondido and El Convento via Seven Seas several times...very nice hike and pretty beaches where I have always been the only person there. You start by finding a little path at the far Western end of Seven Seas. Another option is starting at La Pared beach in downtown Luiquillo and walk up the beach to the right (East). You can go as far as your legs will take you and I have rarely seen anyone there.

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secluded beach

The Northeast Ecological Corridor is about a seven mile stretch of secluded beach between Luquillo and Fajardo. It is a nature preserve and there are very few if any people on it ever. You will need a 4 wd vehicle to get there. There is an access road off an interchange on RT 3 about 2 miles east of the stop light at the entrance to Luquillo. It will lead you back to the beach. BEWARE these are not guarded and are not safe for swimming because of many unpredictable currents and undertows. Use Google maps to spot the road to orient yourself before going. While the area is generally safe, because it is so secluded, use common sense, go with a group etc.