We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SJU to El Escambron Beach

Columbus
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
SJU to El Escambron Beach

Hello.

I have booked a trip in February for me, my mom, and sister (its a surprise for them, so I'm trying to get every detail down beforehand).

We will be staying in the Fajardo area since 90% of the activities we want to do are near there. However, the plan is to spend the day in OSJ area and not check in until the evening of our incoming flight.

The plan is to pick up our rental car then visit the 2 forts in OSJ and possibly El Escambron Beach. Then to come back to OSJ to do a dinner food tour.

I picked Escambron because I found it was the closest to OSJ area. Can anyone give directions on how we would get there from the airport, or reccomendations/directions to a good place to park while we explore OSJ area.

Any hints, tips, and tricks would be appreciated. TIA!

1. Re: SJU to El Escambron Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:38 pm, November 05, 2012
Edited: 2:38 pm, November 05, 2012
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SJU to El Escambron Beach

You will pass El Escambron Beach on the way to OSJ. In OSJ there are parking garages.

Columbus
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SJU to El Escambron Beach

So would it be doable to park in a garage and walk through OSJ and run to the beach without having to move the car?

Where are the garages at?

Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
627 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: SJU to El Escambron Beach

It is too far from OSJ to Escambron. Besides, there is no need for that. That beach has its own public parking lot.

Questions? Ask!

Juan Carlos Ortega

Puerto Rico

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,097 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SJU to El Escambron Beach

There are nicer beaches in the Fajardo area than the one in Escambron. Going through the forts will take you half a day, plus there are other interesting sites in OSJ, including shops. I would just plan to visit OSJ that day, and wait till Fajardo to go to the beach.

Columbus
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SJU to El Escambron Beach

Ok thanks guys! nytoparis, I figured that might be the case but didnt know how long it would taketo do the forts. Even if we got done before our food tour, we could still explore San Juan until then.

JuanCarlos, do you mind if I ask you maybe a few (or a lot) of questions?

:)

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: SJU to El Escambron Beach

I agree with Nytoparis..also with Juan Carlos.

It will take you some time getting use to driving in San Juan (and Puerto Rico in general) and you can spend from 1/2 a day to one full day at Old San Juan. Between arriving at the airport, arriving to old san juan, visiting the forts, walking around to shops and old streets, then the dinner tour...you will have more than enough for your first day on the Island. You will find public parkings at San Juan. So enjoy without rush. There will be plenty of beautiful beaches at the east area to enjoy. But if you still want to see el Escambron, you should go by car because your time will be limited. There is parking at the beach too.

A quick info...speed limit is miles, but the distances to places are marked in Km. It makes a big difference when trying to reach your "right" destination.

Hope you have a great and fun vacation

Columbus
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SJU to El Escambron Beach

Ok I have decided not to visit el escambron beach now. I think you guys are right and we will have a full day in old san juan.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any public parking areas that would be a good starting point to explore san juan?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,097 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SJU to El Escambron Beach

The cheaper parking lots are on Recinto Sur St. From there you can walk up the hill to the forts or take the free shuttle.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: SJU to El Escambron Beach

While in Fajardo, visit Seven Seas Beach. It's one of the best in PR.