We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stamford...
6 posts
Save Topic
Weather

I am heading to San Juan in about a week... I looked at the forecast and it stated RAIN every day... When it rais, it is usually like showers, then stops with sun coming out?? I witness this all the time in Cancun, so wondering if the same might apply here

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

The forecast for Puerto Rico always shows rain. It is a tropical Island so it means sometime during the day, somewhere (mostly in the mountains not in the coast) it will rain. It is scattered showers and the sun is out in no time. Leave the umbrella home and bring plenty of sunscreen.

Stamford...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

YES!!!! Thanks a bunch

Bedford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

There is more rain in October and November than most months. See this link.

weather-and-climate.com/…Puerto-Rico

But as Nature says this is almost the punchline of a joke. For example in the early days of weather.com from the weather channel, they would never change the forcast for southern part of PR. For weeks at a time every day it would say a "few rain showers from time to time". Since fewer people went there, they would just leave it knowing that it was probablly be correct.

San Juan
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

I’m in San Juan and it hasn’t rained here lately. But as mentioned when it rains it’s usually scattered and doesn’t last very long.

5. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, December 14, 2013