We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham Rio grande - nearby restaurants

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
100 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Wyndham Rio grande - nearby restaurants

Hi, we will be staying at the Wyndham rio grande during this holiday season, and would like to know of good, but reasonably priced restaurants in the vicinity.

We do have a car and can drive, so something a short drive would be great.

thx

-john

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wyndham Rio grande - nearby restaurants

DON PEPE is small, affordable and the closest one to the resort. Everyone knows where it is, just ask.

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wyndham Rio grande - nearby restaurants

''Pasión Por El Fogón'' located in Fajardo E X C E L L E N T!

www.pasionporelfogon.net/restaurante.php

Edited: 3:36 pm, December 19, 2011
San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wyndham Rio grande - nearby restaurants

Guavas and Pasta y Pueblo in Luquillo are very good. La Estacion in Fajardo.

La Parrilla at the Luquillo kiosks.

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wyndham Rio grande - nearby restaurants

All Above are excellent. The greatest nearby resource is the Kioskos. This is a row of about 50 +/- small restaurants, bars, and shops on Rt 3 just a couple of miles east of Rio Mar. Some of the highest rated (by TA) restaurants in PR are among them.

6-7 years ago when I first started coming to the area, the Kiosks were run down and low end. The last few years have brought dramatic changes. Though about a 20% of the kiosks are still closed, new ones are opening up every month.

Kiosk # 21 - Ay Bonito is often in the #1 rated restaurant in all PR by TA and IMO deservedly so. Open Wed to Sun

Other favorites of mine are:

#13 Tapas 13

# 36 Bohio de Luquillo (almost always open)

# 38 Cevice Hut

# 12 El Jefe Burger

#2 La Parilla (popular w/ Tourists and relatively pricey)

There are a number of new places opened recently that I have not had a chance to try - Tropicana and a new NY Style Deli.

There are also a number of very "local" places there. The better places tend to be at the western side and the more local places are to the east - very unfair generalization, I know.

All of the places have very reasonable prices compared to any of the resorts. All of the places mentioned above have passed my elderly mother in laws clean kitchen test (very strict - she wants to see the kitchen before she will eat there.)

Go and explore.

Also Antojitos at the bottom of the hill from Rio Mar just off Rt 3 is great for breakfast.

5. Re: Wyndham Rio grande - nearby restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, December 20, 2012