We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from Carnival Cruise Pier #4

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
223 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from Carnival Cruise Pier #4

Hello,

From the Carnival Cruise Pier #4 in Old San Juan, is it okay to walk to the CVS on Paseo Gilberto Concepcion de Garcia? Is it okay to walk from the pier to the Latin Roots restaurant on Recinto Sur Comercio Street? (I hope I've gotten those street names correct!) What I mean by "okay" is...is it fairly simple? Or would taking a cab or the free trolley be better? If it is possible to walk, about how long would you say it would take to walk to both?

Thank you!

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from Carnival Cruise Pier #4

The CVS is just a few hundred yards from Pier 4.

Latin Roots is on the street behind the CVS, closer to the pier.

Super close and super easy!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
223 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from Carnival Cruise Pier #4

Perfect! This is great news.

Thanks, Flowerfarm!

virginia beach, va
Level Contributor
121 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from Carnival Cruise Pier #4

I went to Mapquest and printed out an 'up close and personal' map of the 7 square blocks of Old San Juan - with that, you can get anywhere! We used it in November when we spent a few days and not only did we not get lost, we were able to plan the easiest walking routes -- you know, it's all uphill from the cruise pier. With a map, you can work out forward and lateral moves that take you slowly uphill. And, don't forget the free trolley, there's a stop right near the pier. The trolley allows you to sightsee to the top (the 2 forts) and then walk or ride back down.

4. Re: Walking from Carnival Cruise Pier #4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 02, 2012