We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to cayey

california
2 posts
Save Topic
airport to cayey

Please ignore the last poist. Does anyone know how to get to Cayey from the airport without renting a car. Also how much it might cost. Thank you for your help.

Tampa,FL
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport to cayey

You will need a taxi. It can be quite expensive. I might guess $100 or more.The trip is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. If you decide to use the public transportation here is the deal. Take a bus/taxi that will take you to la plaza de Rio Piedras (30min to 1hr). From there, find a smaller bus (we call them "Publicos") that will go to Cayey. I dont know where exactly you are going in Cayey but normally they stop at the public plazas which normally are in the middle of the town. The total time to get there could be 3 to 4 hours easy.....but cheaper, about $10 or less. Good luck!

Edited: 12:38 pm, March 25, 2011
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,230 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport to cayey

"The trip is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours."

This is not correct. Cayey is only a 30 minutes ride from San Juan.

As far as the cost, it will probably be less than $100 but I would call them to be sure.

http://www.cabspr.com/

I would try calling the publico terminal. A publico is cheaper than taxi. The number is 787-738-3211.

Edited: 1:23 pm, March 25, 2011
Tampa,FL
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport to cayey

Lets be honest please. Looks like you dont know how the real public transportation works in PR?? Yes, if you have your OWN car MAYBE you can get there in 45 minutes but never in 30! With your OWN car only to get out of the airport, cross the Puente Moscoso and get to road #1 to get to the expressway, it will take you MORE than 30 minutes. Trust me. So you can imagine if you go with public transportation or cab how long is going to take you. Do the math and again, good luck.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,230 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport to cayey

Perhaps you chose to travel to Cayey during rush hour. Even then, it has never taken me that long to get to Cayey (with public transportation).

By the way, I'm not blind. I can read your posts even without upper caps. Next time you choose to be rude I will have your post removed.

Edited: 2:43 pm, March 25, 2011
5. Re: airport to cayey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 28, 2012