We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Water club, Normandie hotel...Where to stay?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philly
8 posts
Save Topic
The Water club, Normandie hotel...Where to stay?

We are looking at staying at one of these hotels. We looking to be on or near the beach and also relativly close to Old San Juan. Any comments/advice on either of these hotels? or any other hotels that would be in this budget?

Thanks!

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Water club, Normandie hotel...Where to stay?

Water Club is closer to the beach and other hotels, and nightime "action". If you are in your 20's and looking for a party place, that's the one.

Normandie is a boutique hotel that is next door to the Caribe Hilton. It's location is a bit more secluded than Water Club (but certainly not in the middle of nowhere by any means) It's closer to Old San Juan than the Water Club, but neither are very far.

I think I would choose the Water Club over the two. But usually Normandie is much cheaper of the two. Did you find a deal on it?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The Water club, Normandie hotel...Where to stay?

Hi, pateacher, You might want to consider the Intercontinental which is on the beach in Isla Verde, The Courtyard by Marriot (same), The Condado Plaza or the Caribe Hilton. On this forum, all of thes hotels get better ratings that the Water Club or the Normandie.

philly
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Water club, Normandie hotel...Where to stay?

I found a deal on both the Normandie and the Water club. I looked into the intercontinental and it was too pricey. Thanksfor your help. Any advice on where to find good deals online?

also, how about Vieques? We're contemplating that also.

ny
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The Water club, Normandie hotel...Where to stay?

I got the Caribe Hilton using Priceline. My bid was for $77/nite for June/July. You may want to try Hotwire also.