We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Nightlife in San Jaun?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Question about Nightlife in San Jaun?

I am going to San Juan from Dec. 28th to Jan 2nd and staying at the EL Canario by the Lagoon. There is 3 of us, and we are all in our mid-twenties, we were curious about what nightlife is around our hotel, and what is the big party for New Years??? Any help will be great....Thanks

Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Nightlife in San Jaun?

sorry I meant San Juan..

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Nightlife in San Jaun?

Your hotel is in the hotbed for nightlife.

You are a block off of Ashford Ave which is the main strip in that section of Condado. There is a park right there at the Corner called Ventana Del Mar where they have all kinds of fun stuff. I just got back on Monday and they had a Holiday kick off type thing with bands, food and the works.

You can pretty much walk up and down Ashford and check out all the goings on. There are many nightspots, all of which you will stumble upon. On New Years most of the large hotels have parties too, and the street itself will be quite festive.

If you search the forums you can find some older threads about nightlife with more extensive info.

I am actually reserved in the same hotel as you for New Years, but I am not 100% sure I will be making the trip yet. Rest assured, you are staying right in the middle of everything.

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Nightlife in San Jaun?

Here is one thread with some more specific info of places... (if you enter Lazer, Babylon, or Moorings in the search feature, you'll find all kinds of threads with club info)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147320-i72-k68674…

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Nightlife in San Jaun?

You are in the middle of nightlife. You're gonna be between Old San Juan and Isla Verde.

In Old San Juan you have for example Senor Frog's, Arena Pier 10, etc. with disco's and pub's.

In Isla Verde you have all the major hotels that all have New Years parties, and some of the best disco's. Check out babylonpr.com so you get an idea.

There's other places like Dunbars, Coaches (coachespr.com), Martini's and other places you can search over the net that are not in tourist areas, so you can see how puertoricans party. Hope you have a good time!

Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Nightlife in San Jaun?

Thanks alot, it was a great help...

Jersey
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Nightlife in San Jaun?

I was just curious if their is One HUGE party for new years??

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about Nightlife in San Jaun?

The Water Club is very cool, hipsters, all the beautiful people, in Isla Verde, also be sure to hit Old San Juan for a night... public buses or taxi's, don't drive, parking is tough, and you won't have to worry about drinking too much, Newyorican Cafe (sorry for spelling) is great.