We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Bars

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harrisburg,Pa.
6 posts
Save Topic
Beach Bars

I think I heard about an area in San Juan that has a very casual series of Beach Bars.I think it may have been near Isla Verde but not sure.

We are returning in Feb and was hoping somebody may have heard of an area like this on or near the beach.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
93 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Bars

Sounds as if you're referring to the Pinones area. It is located just east of Isla Verde on the 187. There are many open air casual restaurants and bars located there. Enjoy!

Harrisburg,Pa.
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Bars

Yes that sounds like it.I think that is the name.How far is that from the El San Juan?

Is it walking distance or cab?We will not have a car but I've heard it is worth checking out.

Thanks for your ideas.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
93 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Bars

Definately too far to walk. By cab should take about 5 -10 minutes. Have fun.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
7,979 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Bars

The Intercontinental next door to the El San Juan has a beach bar. The El San Juan will have service to your lounge chair on the beach. But my suggestion is to walk across the street to the grocery store and purchase what you drink. PR allows you to bring what you like onto the beach. Just no bottles. A Keg of beer in a cooler is fine. As is a cooler filled with beverages. One of the things I like about PR.

Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Bars

2 that get good reviews in Pinones are:

The Waterfront Restaurant - we've eaten here and enjoyed it

Soleil Beach Club - on our list to try

I also believe that the Soleil will pick people up from San Juan area hotels

Harrisburg,Pa.
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Bars

Thanks for all your suggestions

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Bars

While exploring the area during the day, you may use either the AMA bus or take a "publico car" towards Pinones & back.

Harrisburg,Pa.
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Bars

Not familiar with "publico car".Same as a cab?

9. Re: Beach Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 07, 2010