We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condado Family Restaurants near Canario by the Sea?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntersville, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Condado Family Restaurants near Canario by the Sea?

Hi all, We're staying for one night pre-cruise at El Canario by the Sea in November and looking for a good family restaurant within walking distance of the hotel.

I'm looking for some good local food but I'm sure my kids won't be as brave to try the local cuisine so if they have typical childrens fare as well, it would be a plus..

I also had a question about the Condado area in general. No offense meant to anyone, but I was reading on another site that Condado beach might not be the safest place to be at night, is this true? How about the area around the hotel, safe enough for us to walk some place for dinner and return at 9 or 10ish?

Thanks..

NYC
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condado Family Restaurants near Canario by the Sea?

Perfectly safe, Condado is a very well lit, highly populated strip with visible policemen.

As for Family Restaraunts, there is a Pizza Hut right on the corner beneath your hotel. Danny's International is another Pizza Place about 3 blocks west on Ashford Ave, it's one of those build your own type places with 4,000 different toppings and thick crust. I know Pizza isn't exactly what one goes to Puerto Rico for, but Danny's is absolutely mouth watering.

If you want Puerto Rican food, Latin Star is an outdoor 24 hour restaraunt across from Pizza Hut, and Cafe de Angel is another one a few doors up on Ashford. Yerba Buena is a Caribbean place, (across from Danny's International) that is also very good, the tables on the front porch have large porch swings as seats. I tend to notice a lot of families getting a kick out of these. Most restaraunts in that area have kiddie menus with Burgers, Chicken Fingers and the like.

Be sure to take the kids to Piu Bello, also on Ashford across from the Marriot, the have the most incredible deserts and gelatto.

I know it sounds like a lot, your hotel is right smack in the middle of Condado, you will have a million choices right there in addition to the above mentioned.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Condado Family Restaurants near Canario by the Sea?

Hoogie , One good place for children is the Tony Roma's in the Condado Plaza. I usually hate these places but I've always found it be very good. Its a rib joint not local food. If you are on the main drag in the Condado you are cool til after midnight at least