We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Condado

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants in Condado

We're taking our 3-generation family of 12 (teenagers and up) on a cruise in late December and will be staying in Condado at the Comfort Inn for one night.. We're looking for a nice restaurant, preferable Puerto Rican cuisine or seafood, that won't break the bank. We aren't looking for cheap - but are looking for good food, nice atmosphere -- "good bang-for-the-buck." Suggestions, please?

One restaurant I read about was Miró Marisquería Catalana in Condado. Has anyone out there been there, and what was your experience?

Other suggestions?

Thank you for your help

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Condado

Miro is excellent for seafoof. The grilled baby octopus are excellent. The grilled salmon with caper's sauce, too. Medium high priced. Make reservations, it's allways full.

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Condado

Miro does sound lovely. You say "medium high priced." For example, ??

What about Marisqueria La Dorada? I read a description of it in IgoUgo as follows: "This fine seafood establishment on Condado's restaurant row is surprisingly affordable" and listed a couple of examples. But I can't find a website to get a feel for its ambience, etc.

Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Condado

I second Miro's

I am not sure but I think they have changed locations (but still in the same area) - maybe someone else can confirm this

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Condado

You can expect to pay around $25-40 for entrees, $10-14 for appetizers. We usually get 3 different and share .

Quantity and quality is excellent.

The restaurant was moved sometime ago across the street (almost in the same place).

Other appetizers to try: baby eels in garlic sauce (angulas), chorizos in wine...

Puerto Rico
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Condado

If you want to eat real caribbean food. Go to El metropol, located at Pierre Best Ewstern Hotel. Also Restaurante El Paseo in Hato Rey you can take a taxi or Metrobus. Excellent Puerto rican and cuban food. Pices beatween $8.00 to $18.00 Enrtree. Apetizer aroun $4.00.

Evanston, IL
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Condado

I still like the sound of Miro's but the prices do seem a little high if that's the restaurant that SunMoon Stars meant with the prices he quoted. you said it has moved across the street -- are we talking about Miro that is listed in the Hotel El Porto or La Dorada? Or something else?

If it's that special we may still want to splurge on it.

I'll try to look up El metropol and Restaurante El Paseo in Hato Rey, too.

I really appreciate all comments and suggestions.!

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Condado

Miro is good seafood, no question, but if you want typical caribbean food, Metropol is the ticket. You cannot get more authentic and the prices are very affordable. It is mainly cuban & puertorrican food and very family oriented. Their seafood dishes are limited but not bad at all. Actually I've had better fish there than in many other more upscale restaurants. Get the rodaballo or the salmon, both prepared very nicely with local complements. If they have fresh dorado (mahi-mahi), get that! If not seafood, go for their special meat cuts like palomilla or the local "tasajo or carne vieja" (similar to corned beef, but better). Of course, get rice and beans (black=cuban, red=puertorrican)and some plaintains, green or ripe, or yuca. The local food is not spicy at all and the tastes are not strange. The service in Metropol is fast and efficient, the food is good and you will not brake the bank!

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Condado

Evanston, Miro is locatd at 74 Condado Ave. Telephone 787-723-9593

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Condado

In Condado there is also the Ajili Mojili Restaurant serving Puerto Rican cuisine.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in Condado

You will get good seafood in the cruise or in any other island, Metropol is good and ALMOST Puerto Rican cuisine, but it is really Cuban cuisine. I strongly support the Ajili Mojili (in Condado) recommendation. Locals might argue that it is a bit expensive to be ONLY Puerto Rican food but it is definite Puerto Rican and the service and local (great view of the Condado lagoon) are excellent. It is right on Ashford Avenue.