We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice place to live in San Juan pr Help!!!!!

Dorado, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Nice place to live in San Juan pr Help!!!!!

My fiancé is working in San Juan and we are looking to rent while we are there for two years. We love to surf. And want to live west of San Juan. We are looking for a local town with reasonable rent and no condos. We want a house close to the water. Any suggestions on towns to look at for a home. We do not want to go further then Isabella. Twenty to thirty minutes away would be perfect since he will be working in San Juan. Thanks!!!

1. Re: Nice place to live in San Juan pr Help!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, September 23, 2013
Dorado, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice place to live in San Juan pr Help!!!!!

That sounds wonderful. I would love the mountains but my fiancé is a true beach guy so we just want something on the water-safe-beach town :)

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice place to live in San Juan pr Help!!!!!

Check this website:

www.clasificadosonline.com

click on "alquiler de bienes raices" and check rentals in Isabela which is a surfing area. Some of the beaches have sand dunes. It will give you an idea of what is available and what rentals are like.

Edited: 1:49 pm, September 13, 2013
Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice place to live in San Juan pr Help!!!!!

FYI if your fiancé is working in San Juan and you want to be no more than Twenty to thirty minutes away from SJ, then Isabela is out

but as prexplorer says clasificadosonline is a good start or check the listings on El Nuevo Dias site http://clasificadospr.com/r/bienes-raices

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,723 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice place to live in San Juan pr Help!!!!!

20-30min away from SJ on workdays will not get you west of SJ. If you could tell us exactly where in SJ he is working (location, not the name of the company) we could give you some suggestions.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice place to live in San Juan pr Help!!!!!

FYI on weekdays 20-40 min driving distance is still San Juan area. Traffic to San Juan is very heavy and it varies as to where you are working.

For example, my husband used to live in Rio Piedras (still San Juan) and it took him 35 minutes to drive to Hato Rey (still San Juan). On weekends it was just a 10 min drive.

Look into the clasificados web site for budget and location ideas.

IF, and only IF, your fiance's work hours start at 7:00 am or earlier, you can easily be 30 min drive maybe from Dorado.

I have friends that live in Isabela and work in San Juan, drive time is about 2 hours (leaving early morning 6:00 am). It is doable, but there are other options like in Toa Alta, Rio Hondo area, Or maybe even Fajardo.

Dorado, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice place to live in San Juan pr Help!!!!!

He is near the bay and isla grande airport. Does this help??

Dorado, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice place to live in San Juan pr Help!!!!!

I am not sure why he wants to. Live west. I just know we want somewhere safe. And near the water

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,723 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice place to live in San Juan pr Help!!!!!

There is a lot of traffic going into OSJ in the mornings between 7am and 8:30am, then out of OSJ from 4pm to 6pm. f youcome from Dorado, expect a 30-45min drive. Anything west of that is torture. If you want beach, then Rio Grande in tbe east might bea better option, provided you take RT66, whic is a toll road. That will be 35-45mins.

Isla Verde and Condado are also options, but these will be more expensive.

San Francisco CA
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice place to live in San Juan pr Help!!!!!

I have only been to PR as a visitor, but the rush hour traffic I saw was the most horrendous I have experienced, and I live in California. Please take the advice here to heart, do not think "oh, traffic can't be THAT bad", it is.