We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribe Hilton or Intercontinental or something else?

Franklin, New Jersey
4 posts
Save Topic
Caribe Hilton or Intercontinental or something else?

Hello!

I thank u for ur time, and advice we much need it :)

We are a family of 4, me, hubby, son 13 y/o and daughter 4 y/o. We usually go to OBX and love the beaches, but this time we are adventuring to San Juan PR. We are looking for a dreamy beach, nice clean and post card looking place to stay, where kids are welcome. we would like to be close to dinning outside the hotel to try true foods from there...and save some $ as well :)

Also, I heard that isla verde is the best beach, is it? and why? Priority is to have something to do/see with the kids, not spend a crazy amount in food, truly enjoy the beach, I will it to be warm, clear and sand nice and clean ... please help us in our two selections between the Caribe Hilton and the intercontinental, and if u do have a better suggestion please let me know! we are still looking. oh, and we are flying on the week of thanksgiving... from Monday leaving on Friday :)

thanks so much!!!

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribe Hilton or Intercontinental or something else?

Intercontinental is the one you want. It's right on the Isla Verde beach, which is the best beach in the San Juan area. It's nice and swimmable. The hotel has a very nice pool, and it's right across the street from restaurants (chain, fast foods and local eateries) and shops (Walgreens is one of them). The hotel is also within walking distance to the supermarket.

Caribe Hilton is a very nice property but not within a short walking distance to shops and restaurants.

Puerto Rico is a very family oriented destination. Children are welcome everywhere.

Edited: 3:55 pm, June 05, 2013
King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribe Hilton or Intercontinental or something else?

Another good hotel is El San Juan, which is right next to Intercontinental.

A different option to consider is renting a condo, which will save you money on food and parking (if you choose to rent a car). Both Marbella and ESJ Towers condo buildings are right on the Isla Verde beach, by the hotels, and within walking distance to restaurants and shops. These buildings get very good reviews here on TA. You can find them on vrbo.com.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribe Hilton or Intercontinental or something else?

You may also check at vrbo Coral Beach condo.

Franklin, New Jersey
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribe Hilton or Intercontinental or something else?

awesome... I thank u so much for the replies ... I have been thinking and thinking where is the best and definitely have narrow it down to isla verde as I read everywhere that its the best beach there...I like that the intercontinental is close to all other eating places and walgreens and such... does anyone knows about perks that they offer over other resorts? I think the intercontinental is our best bet at this point... I will start researching the condos too... please let me know any things that u have experienced that are a must and avoid while there... txs again!!!! u guys are awesome!

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribe Hilton or Intercontinental or something else?

"...perks that they offer over other resorts?"

None that I know of. This applies to all hotels in PR.

6. Re: Caribe Hilton or Intercontinental or something else?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 08, 2014