We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
404 posts
Save Topic
Renting a car?

Hi everyone!

Hubby and I are considering a trip to PR for a week in early October. We're interested in staying down in Cabo Rojo. I am trying to get a feel for how car rental works in PR.

--Is it relatively straightforward or is it kind of shady (like in Mexico)?

--Typical cost for a small vehicle for a week?

I will continue sifting around the forums but any information is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo Rojo
Cabo Rojo
Puerto Rico
Florida
Level Contributor
45 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Renting a car?

Charlies is also good. That is a fair price. Google Car Rental Insurance. Make sure you ask them how they bill you on the tolls. Tolls are cash less in a lot of area. Do not leave anything inside the car. It unsafe just like anywhere else. PR has all the big stores all is like a any city in the US a bit warm. Cheap good food and you never run out of stuff to do. Have a great time.

Edited: 9:40 am, May 05, 2013
12. Re: Renting a car?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Rico