We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cell phone service

seville
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
cell phone service

Hi all,

Will my verizon iphone work in puerto rico? Are there additional rates or is it as if i am just in a different state?

Thanks

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cell phone service

Your Verizon phone will work everywhere in PR and if you are not charged for out-of-state for calls, you should not be charged in PR.

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cell phone service

Agree - Verizon does not charge roaming fees here. You will, in many places, see a roaming symbol, which had me freaked with my Verizon phone when I first came here. Don't be concerned, you still are not charged.

Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
445 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: cell phone service

Data service was slower, though, in my experience. I only occasionally got 3G service.

4. Re: cell phone service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, June 18, 2013