We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan, America's best during winter: Travel and Leisure

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
San Juan, America's best during winter: Travel and Leisure

Thank you for your votes.

travelandleisure.com/articles/…2

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan, America's best during winter: Travel and Leisure

This is great, boricua-one!!! San Juan is the best !!!!! Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Juan, America's best during winter: Travel and Leisure

Not bad right SMS? Here is another article about San Juan:

hispano.com/2011/…

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Juan, America's best during winter: Travel and Leisure

Here is the translation in English.

San Juan, Puerto Rico among the Latin cities with better quality of life

International / November 30, 2011 6:23 pm

For you for Rudy Hispano.com

According to a ranking that covers the "Study on Quality of Life 2011" prepared by the consulting firm Mercer, the city of San Juan, Puerto Rico's capital, is entered which offer better quality of life.

Among the considerations that the study takes into account when making the grade are the level and quality of infrastructure, good healthcare and a wide variety of leisure.

Among the cities of Central and South America have found better positioning Pointe a Pitre in Guadeloupe, in a respectable position 63, followed by San Juan de Puerto Rico (72), Montevideo, Uruguay (77), Buenos Aires, Argentina (81), Santiago de Chile (90) and Panama City (93).

A greater distance are the cities of Monterrey in Mexico in the office (104), San Jose, Costa Rica (105), Asuncion, Paraguay (112), Lima, Peru (118), Mexico City (121), Quito Ecuador (124), Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic (129), Bogotá, Colombia (130), Guatemala (142), La Paz, Bolivia (147), Caracas, Venezuela (164), Managua, Nicaragua (166), San Salvador (168) and, already in the queue positions, Havana (189).

Instead the top of the list refer mostly to European cities like Vienna, at No. (1), Zurich (2), Munich (4), Dusseldorf (5), Frankfurt (7), Geneva (8 ) and Bern and Copenhagen share the position number (9), then followed by Amsterdam (12), Hambiurgo (16), Berlin (17), Luxembourg (19), Stockholm (20) t Brussels (22).

Above the scores are 30 in the city of Paris (30), Oslo (33), Helsinki (35) and London (38). In Spain, Barcelona and Madrid occupy positions 40 and 43 respectively. The study also measures the level of personal security of each city, which takes into account such factors as the level of crime, domestic stability, effectiveness of law and international relations of the country concerned, among others.

Among Latin American cities are considered less safe Guatemala (179), Tegucigalpa (180) and Caracas (205). But those taking the last qualifying positions as unsafe cities are Abidjan (219), N'Djamena (220) and Baghdad (221).

Sources: Reuters Agency

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Guadeloupe
Guadeloupe
Caribbean
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic
Colombia
Colombia
South America
Caracas
Caracas
Capital Region, Venezuela
San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Juan, America's best during winter: Travel and Leisure

I had seen the last one. We live here as we want...although some might differ! There are so many things to do here... and free!

Dis an update today on December's calendar!

Edited: 6:47 pm, November 30, 2011
San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Juan, America's best during winter: Travel and Leisure

San Juan is one of the unsafest cities not only in Latin America but in the world today, With over 1,040 homicides this year it makes Puerto Rico one of the unsafest countries in the planet with 30 homicides per 100,000. much higher than Mexico (the president of Mexico wrote in his twitter this information too, that his country is safer than Puerto Rico per square mile) , arm robberies are at an all time high too, one of my close friends was a victim of one of these in broad daylight, near a popular restaurant in Condado.

Who believes in this report? not me, quality of life in Puerto Rico is crumbling when you can not be safe in the streets.

Mentioned in this post
Condado Beach
Condado Beach
1,175 Reviews
Puerto Rico
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Juan, America's best during winter: Travel and Leisure

While some see their cup half full, others see their cup half empty...

I'm glad my cup is more than HALF FULL !

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Juan, America's best during winter: Travel and Leisure

Coqui,

Check this out. The information was collected from expert experienced travelers who in fact visited multiple cities around the world. In Puerto Rico some jibaros have no clue about the outside, and these travelers or expert, in general had knowledge about these countries better than us, so how can you compare San Juan with Djibuti, Erritea, or Addis Abbaba in Thetiopia if a jibaro never left the country? Can a jibaro answer that question? I'm sure that there is a margin of errors, but believe me, some would prefer to move to San Juan.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
danvers
Level Contributor
634 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Juan, America's best during winter: Travel and Leisure

boricua-one and others, thanks for sharing your knowledge and resources- I appreciate the free information I've obtained and invaluable insight as well! I can't wait to see many of my students' homeland--- they are proud and excited to share with me! Keep on giving us updates- please! (However, I am looking forward to tasting the coquito as well!) dec. 22 very soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: San Juan, America's best during winter: Travel and Leisure

Weeeeeeeepa!!!!!! Danver, I drink to that!!!! , my drink (coquito) and my two steps :) will do our best to post whatever that help our visitors to learn our traditions and point of interest.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: San Juan, America's best during winter: Travel and Leisure

wow Coqui

are you on a mission to end tourism in puerto rico?

you are supposed to be a destination expert and all you can do lately is bash Puerto Rico.

maybe you should stop contributing.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean