We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money do I need

US
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
How much spending money do I need

I will be going to Puerto Rico on Monday and will be staying for 5 nights. How much money should I anticipate spending? I'm not really looking to shop much, but will be eating out every day and drinking. I have already paid for the hotel and airfare, so this is strictly for spending money. I don't have the option of applying for or using credit cards, just the money I've already saved, and I want to make sure I will have enough. What is the average cost per meal and the average cost for alcoholic bevereges? Thank you!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,151 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending money do I need

it's almost impossible to accurately answer your question since there's such a wide range of places to eat from Fast Food chain restaurants like Burger King, McDonald's Subway, KFC, etc. all the way up to high end steak house like the Palm or Ruth's Chris. It's the same for alcoholic beverages - depends on where and what you are drinking. Your screen info indicates you are from the US - for planning purposes figure you'll spend about the same as you would in any major city in the US for the same quality food or drink.

2. Re: How much spending money do I need

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 10, 2012