We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any onshore fishing in Puerto Rico?

Tampa,FL
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Any onshore fishing in Puerto Rico?

We are going in April and I am wondering where we can go fishing in the island. No boats or kajaks, just plain spinning anglers. I lived in PR for many years but never went fishing. I understand you can fish from any bridge but where in San Juan or north area? Need info as soon as possible. Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any onshore fishing in Puerto Rico?

Do you need a fishing license? We are going in July and my 15yr old told me that is the one thing he wants to do...fish in Puerto Rico. I'm looking for some offshore tour or something since we won't have any poles with us.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any onshore fishing in Puerto Rico?

No need for a fishing license for onshore fishing. You may ry to do so at the wooden bridge on Paseo La Princesa, or at the Pinones Bridge in Isla Verde or even from the Caribe HIlton's back parking lot .

West Viriginia
Level Contributor
221 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any onshore fishing in Puerto Rico?

I've seen alot of people fishing from shore under the Boca de Congrejo bridge. Also, if you'd like to try "back country" fishing call the Magic Tarpon guys at magictarpon.com .

JW

4. Re: Any onshore fishing in Puerto Rico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 28, 2012