We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

motorcycle trips

Auburn, Washington
11 posts
motorcycle trips

my boyfriend and i are coming to PR the middle of Feb and are planning on renting a motorcycle to tour the island. any good suggestions on routes? is there places in PR where we would NOT be welcome?

Florida
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: motorcycle trips

I did a little of research and found this place http://www.eaglerider.com/. They rent nice bikes give them a call.

Auburn, Washington
11 posts
2. Re: motorcycle trips

yes thank you, i have been on thier website, my question was, if any one knew of a kewl route of about 150 miles, and if there are places that should be avoided...... i am really curious about traveling thru the National forest, Rt 191 i believe. does it go al the way thru? is it a paved road? or at least motorcycle safe?

thanks for your sugesstions!

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,934 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: motorcycle trips

RT 191 is a paved road, but it does not go all the way through. But you can find some nice routes that go in, around and through parts of El Yunque not on RT 191, such as RT 186. Currently RT 9966 is closed into the forest, but it is hopefully opening soon.

RT 3 down the south/east coast is nice and then do part of the Ruta Pamaramica down there to RT182 then up through Bosque Carite and then stop for Lechon in Guavate on RT 184.

Coastal roads along the North coast are really pretty also. Maybe a loop along the north coast roads, then down RT 10 to RT 146 and up when you get tired of mountain roads. etc.

Get a good map.

I can't think of anywhere where you should avoid. Many people here use motorcycles/scooters to get around. Just be alert on the small mountain roads, many blind curves and cars don;t always stay on their side of the roads.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: motorcycle trips

You might want to check Canaan's Harley & Bike rental at 787-720-0897 They make motorcycles pick ups and delivery.

Auburn, Washington
11 posts
5. Re: motorcycle trips

Thanks to both of you!! cant wait to visit in Furuary!

6. Re: motorcycle trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, July 14, 2010