We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Month to go to Puerto Rico??

Miami,Florida
Level Contributor
89 posts
Best Month to go to Puerto Rico??

If you had a choice what month you would pick? we want to go when its nice weather and not as expensive. we want to go sometime this year. thanks

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
1. Re: Best Month to go to Puerto Rico??

Based on weather, I'd say February and March.

Based on "price", I'd say September and October.

Melbourne Beach...
4 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Best Month to go to Puerto Rico??

We love going the last week in Nov to the 2nd or 3rd in Dec. Evening weather nice & Breezy.All you need ito turn on are the overhead fans and as a bonus there are Christmas Tree lighting ceremonies all over! Thats when we will be there

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Best Month to go to Puerto Rico??

Yep, Thanksgiving is the beginning of Christmas celebrations here. From the last week on November to the middle of January you can breathe a new air in Puerto Rico. Music, lights, food, drinks, and parties non stop!!

Ahhhh best time of the year!

Remember, we start on Thanksgiving and end with the Fiestas de la Calle San Sebastian! Open and end with a bang!

---

But I agree, September will be the cheapest time to visit Puerto Rico. Just remember to keep an eye out on any possible developing Tropical Storms or Hurricanes.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
7 helpful votes
4. Re: Best Month to go to Puerto Rico??

I 2nd September !!

Airfare MIA to SJU is right now for Sept is $178.00 >> $224.20PP out the door :)

Good Luck and Happy Planning .. MsDoDa

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: Best Month to go to Puerto Rico??

Ah, didnt realize you were from MIA!

Forget Hurricane Season! You are a pro on the subject as well! lol

Just remember to be careful it isn't good weather here and a hurricane in Miami! lol

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
7 helpful votes
6. Re: Best Month to go to Puerto Rico??

LOL .. I'm not from MIA Ricky but the OP is so I checked for him :) I'm from Chicago so I'm safe >> No hurricanes EVER here lol

Here's the Chicago scoop for anyone wanting to know Right NOW non-stop flights from ORD to SJU in Sept are $99.00 each way >> $244.20 out the door :) with US Air and United :)

CYA in September lol

Happy and SAFE Travels All .. MsDoDa

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
7 helpful votes
7. Re: Best Month to go to Puerto Rico??

no no, not you! lol

littledream, the original poster!

I know you arent from Miami, or from the Midwest, doda. YOU ARE FROM PUERTO RICO!

Lake Placid, Florida
Level Contributor
620 posts
7 reviews
11 helpful votes
8. Re: Best Month to go to Puerto Rico??

Doda, I just got a rt ticket for Sept 22-28--Fort Lauderdale/Aguadilla for $74.00, OUT THE DOOR on

Spirit Airlines----their $9.00 fare club. My ticket for my trip June 9th was $64.20 rt OUT THE DOOR----same deal. Check it out.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
7 helpful votes
9. Re: Best Month to go to Puerto Rico??

lol It sure feels that way Ricky :)

W O W >> BroncoBill if I could get R/T air for $74 OUT THE DOOR I'd be in PR every month lol

Spitits $9 fare club is awesome but the flight times in and out of Aguadilla are CRAZY and it always seems (from ORD) to work out cheaper just to fly to SJU .. I'm saving those Xtra dollars for my PR relocation fund :)

BTW BB we'll be in Rincon from 9/14-9/27 >> let me know if you want to get together for a drink or a Tropical Trail Ride >> Ahhh I can already hear those horses calling my name :)

MsDoDa

Lake Placid, Florida
Level Contributor
620 posts
7 reviews
11 helpful votes
10. Re: Best Month to go to Puerto Rico??

doda, I would love to meet for a drink and Tropical Trail ride. I will be there from 9/22-9/28. I was trying to get a Meet and Greet together for June, but ChinaSupay was the only one who was available during that time. Hopefully, we will meet for lunch somewhere. It's nice thing to finally meet people that you've been talking for 2 years. lol