We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel - Caribe Hilton or Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde

New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Hotel - Caribe Hilton or Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde

Howdie peeps,

There are 3 of us visiting PR July 4th weekend and wanted to know which of these two hotels would be good for us. I dont want to spend too much money per night which is why I eliminated a lot of the 4 aand 5 star hotels. These two range 150 to 200 per night which is what I am looking for. I like the fact that both are on a beach and that I cant go wrong with either one but the problem is which one is better location wise?

I know the marriott is close to the airport but I read that it has a grocery store and restaurants nearby whereas Hilton does not. So my question is, which one would you pick and which one has a better location? I will visit Old San Juan, the rainforest, and luquillo beaches. I plan to rent a car for one day so that I can explore luquillo and rest of PR.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel - Caribe Hilton or Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde

Well i recomend Acasia See Side Inn and ask for Linneth Walker she will take care of you, more Hotel 4 less and better beach, check it out before you spend to much money I guarrantee you will love it, go to trip adviser and click in you would no regreat it, good look.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel - Caribe Hilton or Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde

Both are nice hotels. The Hilton has pa small, safe private beach and the Marriot is at the Isla Verde Public beach which is shared with the other hotels on the strip. If you are young 20-30, I would suggest Marriot Courtyard.

The hotels are around 10-12 min apart, so location won't make a big difference if you have a car to move around, unless you want to be at a short walk to restaurants. Nevertheless, walking from CH to Condado Area hotels & restaurants is not so far or difficult at all if you are used to walking.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel - Caribe Hilton or Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde

Both are nice hotels. The Hilton has pa small, safe private beach and the Marriot is at the Isla Verde Public beach which is shared with the other hotels on the strip. If you are young 20-30, I would suggest Marriot Courtyard.

The hotels are around 10-12 min apart, so location won't make a big difference if you have a car to move around, unless you want to be at a short walk to restaurants. Nevertheless, walking from CH to Condado Area hotels & restaurants is not so far or difficult at all if you are used to walk.

4. Re: Hotel - Caribe Hilton or Courtyard Marriott Isla Verde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, October 01, 2009