We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to PR Need suggestions

chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First time to PR Need suggestions

My girlfriend and me are planning a trip to PR and we are looking for some suggestions. We are in our mid 20's and like to do a variety of things.

We like a beach vacation however we want to be able to go to clubs and local restaurants/shopping . Also would like to do some snorkeling, and see some of the historical places in puerto rico.

I am looking for some suggestions about what part of PR to stay in and or some nice hotels. We dont need anything to fancy but would like something on the beach. Also when is the best time of the year to travel to PR.

Any information would be helpful thanks.

Ciales, PR
Level Contributor
287 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to PR Need suggestions

1-Spend at least two days in San Juan and enjoy Old San Juan museums, shops galleries, bars and historic forts: El Morro and San Cristobal.

For nightlife activities visit Condado district, El San Juan Hotel and San Sebastian Street in Old San Juan, during thursday, friday and saturday.

If you love the beach, Isla Verde area offers the best beach in San Juan metro area.

2-Then head to the islands of Culebra or Vieques, both islands offers the best beaches in Puerto Rico. Explore the islands.

3-If you love adventure: take a tour with Aventuras Tierra Adentro Tour operators: http://www.adventurespr.com/default.html

4-If you love surfing Rincon is the place to be:www.rinconpr.com and www.rincon.org

5-Others atractions worth a visit are: El Yunque Rain Forest, Guanica Dry Forest, Luquillo Beach, Maricao Forest, Guajataca Forest, Ponce, Boqueron, La Parguera, Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve, Arecibo Observatory, Camuy Caves etc

Make a plan

Feel free to contact me if you need more information

Enjoy Puerto Rico

Dave

2. Re: First time to PR Need suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 26, 2009