We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Irish Bars

uk
5 posts
Save Topic
Irish Bars

Any one got any recommendations for Irish Bars?

uk
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Irish Bars

No Irish bars?

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Irish Bars

There is one called Logan's (Previously Shanon's Pub) but it's not in an area close to OSJ or Condado - Isla Verde.

Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Irish Bars

There is a Shannon's Pub in Guaynabo

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Irish Bars

Where in Guaynabo? If you are talking of the one in #1 road, by the former building of La Elecronica, it was sold and now is called Logan's. If there is another, please give us the exact address.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Irish Bars

Shannon's Pub is in Guaynabo, at the end of Ave Esmeralda, take a right on the marginal Rd. & you will see it soon enough. It is not really an Irish Pub, thay just kept the original name since it was in Condado.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Irish Bars

Thank's miaacm! Didn't know that they had moved their business after selling to Logan's...

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Irish Bars

aj, are we talking Puerto Rico in the Caribbean or Puerto Rico in the Canary Islands?

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Irish Bars

Good question, pr explorer! Missed that!!!!

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Irish Bars

To our globetrotting friend, and with all due respect, why come to PR to find an Irish bar? :-) Having gotten that off my chest, I'll confirm that neither the current Logan's or Shannon's mentioned above are really "Irish bars" (I've been to a number of those in Dublin). Some history, Shannon's in its original location (Calle Loiza, at the outer edge of Condado) was the closest to what you know as an Irish bar, and this was more than 20 years ago. It is now in its third location, and it is nothing like the original, it resembles more an American cowboy bar. Shannon's has always been popular with the younger crowd, and thus Logan's came up in Shannon's second locale trying to copy the Shannon's success formula, thus the Irish name. But it is neither a typical Irish bar. To be honest, the closest thing I've seen in PR that resembles Irish bars are the locally owned chain of bars called "Doble Seis", the one in the Villa Blanca neighborhood of Caguas acutally reminding me of an Irish bar when I first visited it.

All this said, I strongly recommend you stick to the so many nice bars scattered around the Isla Verde (eg. Pepin's), Condado (eg. Marriot Stellaris lobby, and Old San Juan (eg. Fratelli's, Dragonfly, Baru) areas.

Enjoy Paradise!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Irish Bars

No problem SMS, a lot of folks from the U.K. and Europe vacation in the Canary Islands and sometimes they get the 2 Puerto Ricos mixed up on this forum.