We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz Reserve Dorado conditions

New England
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
Ritz Reserve Dorado conditions

My friend and I just booked a trip to the Ritz Reserve Dorado for early November. The hotel is reopening October 1. We were told by the hotel the only thing that won't be open is the signature restaurant which will be open mid november. Anyone know the buzz about dorado and in specific the Ritz at this time? Don't want to go and be disappointed. Would like to support PR tourism, but wonder if the resort will be truly ready and up to it's previous standards? Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,756 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Ritz Reserve Dorado conditions

They would not reopen if they don't have everything up to standard. That is probably why the Restaurant will not be open yet.It's a very luxurious Resort.

New England
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Ritz Reserve Dorado conditions

Thank you Bunny, yes it was truly amazing- we were lucky enough to stay once. I hope you're right and do believe they would be too smart to open prior to being ready. Here's hoping!

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
76 reviews
3. Re: Ritz Reserve Dorado conditions

Most hotels in Puerto Rico turned the hurricane crisis into the opportunity to renovate and enhance their properties. The hotel will look nicer than what you remember.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
4. Re: Ritz Reserve Dorado conditions

I live close by and trust me you will not be disappointed. The hotel and property are beautiful and ready for guests. There are several great spots to eat on the property (2 are on the beach) and Panela and Melao are a short golf cart drive away if you want more options. You made a good choice. Enjoy!

New England
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Ritz Reserve Dorado conditions

Thank you TA ! That is good to hear!

New England
Level Contributor
102 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Ritz Reserve Dorado conditions

Thank you!