We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Caribbean-Club Ambiance

South Carolina
Level Contributor
171 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Caribbean-Club Ambiance

Cheap Caribbean website has a good deal for Club Ambiance. Wondering if anyone has used this travel service and the results. Are departure taxes included? If you could schedule your vacation for any day of the week, which day would be the best arrival day for better room choices?

Hampton, Minnesota
Level Contributor
571 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cheap Caribbean-Club Ambiance

I have never had a problem with bugs!! There are your typical moths, little sand bugs etc..but nothing creepy or out of the ordinary. Some have complained of Mosquitos..I don't know if it's my Minnesota thick skin or what..but I have never been bothered by them in Jamaica. As for the rooms..we choose 2nd floor, which I do believe are all suites because I like to be up off the ground..I don't know why. Honestly..I believe MOST if not ALL rooms have king sized beds. I have never been in a standard room so I'm not sure what they're like. NOW..on to the beach..after reading what Dave had to say..it sounds not so pleasant. I was JUST there..there are now three beaches..all of which have enough lounge chairs for all. The "saltwater pool" he was referring to is the cove. They have made a cove around the swimming area because the waves are huge and would take out the beach. It's nice for wading but if you want ocean SWIMMING you'll have to go up to the public beach about 3/4 mile away. That's a very nice walk!! As for the food..I really enjoy most everything they offer! We had some fabulous red snapper!! We had many different rices, potatoes, etc. I'm somewhat of a picky eater and in Jamaica I feel like I eat like a princess!! I love it!! I don't know what diner that guy was referring to..but I have never been able to walk into a diner and have someone prepare a beautiful omlette right infront of me with fresh veggies and fresh brown eggs! So, I guess it's a matter of opinion! I'm not a fancy, flashy kinda gal..I like simple..fun..relaxing and most of all friendly! I get all that and more at Club Ambiance. Again..feel free to email any time!

Ringwood, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cheap Caribbean-Club Ambiance

I would concur and defer to jamaicagal - she has much more experience of CA than me, all I would say is that we had a great time at CA over Xmas, the food was terrific and the omelette chef will cook up whatever you want in under 2 minutes while you wait.

Only downside is some restraint is necessary, else like me you come home having put on a pile of weight!

Durham, Maine
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cheap Caribbean-Club Ambiance

In reply to Stangs original post, we just returned from Jamaica on Tuesday.. we had originally booked with cheap caribbean to stay at the gran bahia but after following all the threads for weeks decided that we needed to know in advance that we would have a toilet that flushed etc. Two weeks before we were to leave for our trip we contacted CC and told them we wanted other accomodations. They were quite willing to do that for us but the resort we asked for (tropical bay riu) wasn't one they work with/deal with or contract with or whatever it is they do...etc...We wanted that one b/c I have a friend who has been to several resorts and really loved it. When CC told us that that wasn't an option we said, ok Couples would be nice..they said they would get back to us and said they worked it out that we get TBR-our original request at an even swap. It meant that they gave us to another tour company I guess b/c our new paper work was then thru Apple tours.

So on that note, I would say they did well by us b/c giving us what we asked for meant giving us to another tour company. The only prob I had with CC, which is minor, is that we were 2 couples traveling together and the person making the phone calls to CC was our friend. CC was willing to make our changes as long as I called and confirmed that was what I wanted too. I left voice mail 2x and asked that they call me back which they never did but they did call the other couple AND sent my paperwork to them. It all worked out fine but they really should have called me directly, too.

By the way, we LOVED Tropical bay riu.I would definitely go back there..

14. Re: Cheap Caribbean-Club Ambiance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 19, 2009
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question