We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JRB - All About Food & Drinks!

Georgia
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
JRB - All About Food & Drinks!

Ok, we have an upcoming trip planned to JRB. Of course, I'm looking forward to our trip. My 6 year old is already talking about it almost every day. I think we will drive my husband crazy before we leave since we still have some time before our trip. :) We have visited Jamaica several times, but this will be our first time staying at JRB.

Anyway, I thought I would create a post so those of you who have been to Jewel Runaway Bay can share some of your favorite foods and drinks at the resort.

Thanks!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: JRB - All About Food & Drinks!

Court Jester Pizza at JRB is fantastic. Great pizza plus some great dinner items at night. Try the lobster macNcheese. Sooooo good.

Some great surprises at the Platinum restaurant your little will love. Heck, I'm a big one and I love them. LoL.

Enjoy

Cocotel

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: JRB - All About Food & Drinks!

I'm with you on that one Cocotel. Jerk is good though, with fries & jerk sauce lol. As for drinks - any of them, but Appletons rum is my favourite.

Georgia
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: JRB - All About Food & Drinks!

Thanks Cocotel and Dawnyg. Rum punch (made with Appleton rum) is usually my preferred beach / pool drink while in Jamaica...I do try some of the other rum based drinks...but rum punch tends to be my default. :) I also love a good cup of coffee with rum cream in the morning and occasionally at night with dessert. Oh....I can't wait for our trip. And, yes, we love jerk chicken too...fresh fruit, fresh fish, rice & peas, callaloo, fried plantain....oh...let me stop...

I'll be sure to check out the pizza and lobster mac & cheese.

Fruit smoothies at breakfast have also been recommended.

Georgia
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: JRB - All About Food & Drinks!

Oh...I got so excited...I forgot to ask....is the jerk sauce very spicy or do they have different versions of it? Thanks!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
75 reviews
5. Re: JRB - All About Food & Drinks!

Pretty sure just one version. It's hot but it won't kill ya. LOL. Yes, yes, yes, fruit smoothies in the morning. Ivan is the best smoothie guy ever!!!!

Georgia
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: JRB - All About Food & Drinks!

LOL! Thank you. Hubby will be happy...as he likes the spicy jerk sauce. I'll be the one sweating after the first bite...I'll have to make sure to have plenty to drink near me when I have it.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
158 reviews
7. Re: JRB - All About Food & Drinks!

After having been to many all inclusive's I have learned NOT to overdo it with the sweet/frozen drinks. First, they are full of sugar and calories but even worse, by mid-day after drinking lots of those frozen concoctions I would have a hangover and not even have gotten a buzz! Now I usually make sure I drink tons of water and stick with the boring stuff like rum and club soda, and then have a frozen treat or two a day as a dessert after lunch and dinner. I love the hummingbird cocktail, and of course, you can't go to paradise without having a pina colada. It's amazing how much better I feel from not having a heading every afternoon from too much sugar.

We try all of the Jamaican foods and per request of my 8 year old I made chickpea curry over jasmine rice for dinner last week. We make a point to try a new food every day, but I still stay away from the braised liver on the breakfast buffet.

I LOVE nacho chips with jerk chicken, cheese sauce and jerk sauce poolside (see why I have to give up the sugary cocktails!).

The shrimp risotto was very good, jerk chicken calzone was yummy eaten in bed at 10 one evening.

The mango chutney that is served at the buffet with the grilled lobster is sooooo good! If they have pan fried snapper don't miss it. Coffee, black, is very good. I am a cream and sugar girl but Jamaican coffee is too good to ruin with the extras.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: JRB - All About Food & Drinks!

Have Christopher the bartender make you a Blue Sky Drink!! So yummy!!

9. Re: JRB - All About Food & Drinks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 10, 2017