We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes in April?

NC
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Breezes in April?

we are booked for Breezes on Easter Week (April 7-12) and are bringing our 14 year old son. I was wondering if anybody else will be there with a child of approximately the same age?

My son and I like to scuba dive, and he is looking forward to the circus stuff. Is the staff there good to work with? Is there anybody special we need to ask for, etc? Any and all information concerning the resort and its activities will be greatly appreciated.

Would it be better to book a trip to Dunn's River Falls through the resort or do it on our own?

I really like reading the information sharing on this site, and I thank everybody for their help.

Chukka Caribbean Adventures
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Pablo Tours Jamaica
Eco Tours, City Tours
Julious Tours Jamaica
River Rafting & Tubing, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Crystal Lake...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes in April?

We were there last year at that time. We took the trip through the resort to Dunns River Falls. We had a great trip . Our guide was filled with information about where to go as well as information about Jamacia and it's culture. One thing to note If you are traveling after Easter, Easter Monday on, I believe it is also Holiday for the Jamacian schools. We found Dunn's to be filled with children playing and families enjoying the time together.

Have a great trip.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
98 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes in April?

When we were at BRB in July we saw very few kids around the age of your son. So don't be surprised if he is almost the only one around that age. One other thing the resort does is crafts which he might enjoy. However, next door is FDR which has many kids and they come over to use the beach.

We did scuba dive and the staff is top notch. Chris was our beginner dive instructor and he was great!

We took the resort tour to Dunns Falls and actually wished we hadn't. We loved the falls and were very glad to have gone so that wasn't the problem. We were taken to some shopping stops that were not enjoyable at all. The craft vendors were very aggressive toward potential customers and we did not care for that. Also, we were taken to eat at a nice restaurant which was quite expensive. We had a feast awaiting back at the resort and didn't want to spend more for the meal. If we did it again we would hire a cab and do what we wanted. The resort has a list of trusted cab drivers and they can contact them for you.

Have a great trip and please write a trip report for us to read when you get back.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes in April?

My husband and I will be travelling with our 14 and 17 year old sons to Breezes RunAway Bay April 7 - 12. My kids always seem to find a few new friends to hang with at the all-inclusive resorts we have gone to in the past, but this is our first time at a 14 and older resort!

NC
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes in April?

Thank y'all for your information. The more the better. We are anxiously awaiting the first reviews for the renoviations.

Hockey2729... Look forward to seeing you there. It's nice to know that our sons will have someone there the same age. What type of activities do your sons like to do? My son is a little shy, but is really looking forward to the trampoline and juggling, as well as the scuba. Have you been here before? What other places have you enjoyed?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes in April?

My boys enjoy anything sports related. We are not scuba certified, but all enjoy snorkeling and are really looking forward to some good snorkeling. Our favorite resort has been Paradisus in the Dominican Republic (have been there 3 times), but it has been several years now. Next would probably be Beaches in Turks & Caicos, but again, this was better when they were younger. Last year we were in Puerto Nuevo and did the Canopy Tour. My younger one had spent alot of time the previous summer at an indoor rock climbing place, so he loved the zip lines. The kids have always enjoyed hanging with the adults and playing the organzied games... Or boogie boarding.... but being in the Gulf, there is probably not much surf??? Hopefully this resort will meet their high expectations!

Mentioned in this post
Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,412 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes in April?

Nice scuba video - this was shot in Montego Bay but should give you an idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xc1EeMJa1I

Mentioned in this post
7. Re: Breezes in April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, August 25, 2009