We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ccJim

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
ccJim

Jim: I ask you this question. Instead of coming on our board why aren't you dealing with your customers through email individually?

With all the disrespect and slanderous remarks would that not have served your purposed in a more positive manner?

Thanks

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ccJim

WIthRespect (C),

As much as I don't like the advertising aspect of some posts. And though it pains me a bit, when you say "our" board, to whom are you referring?

Whose board is this? He has a right to answer questions, I just prefer he not "profit" from it.

Respectfully,

Joe

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ccJim

Hi Joe.....sorry what I meant by 'our' board was....it seemed to belong to people who love Jamaica, who travel to Jamaica, or are Jamaican helping those who haven't experience what we love.

It seemed that way before all this GBP issue to me at least.

No question it's a public board.

But it's not a cheapcaribbean board to conduct better business practices correct?

Respect back to you Joe! Bless

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ccJim

Thanks for the clarification. Just wanted to clear it up before it turned into another brouhaha!

Respect as always.

Joe

La Mesa, California
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ccJim

I agree with everything that's being said but I wish we could all stop. We are giving him ammo and a platform. He cares about the customers, "we" care about the people. Two different things, really.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ccJim

"He cares about the customers, "we" care about the people. Two different things, really."

Well said Streamertail! Bless

Syracuse, Utah
Level Contributor
230 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ccJim

As a CC customer, I asked the company questions and got a quick response email. I think CC Jim is just addressing posts addressed directly to him. From the responses of this group, could you imagine the slander if CC Jim didn't respond to posts labeled "Question for CC jim"? I think he would have been brutally verbally attacked. Honestly I think he has been put in a position where he choose to sell a product that hasn't been what he thought it would be and now he is getting the raft from it.

My question is, Why aren't there any posts "GBP Question for you"? In reality GBP is at fault. We should be wondering why the main company iresponsible isn't on this forum answering questions.

Just my opinion.

La Mesa, California
Level Contributor
2,213 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ccJim

I think you are right Minnie. In the very beginning I said that it was corporate that made the error. In the very beginning we did beat up on corporate and then the imposters showed up and then all hell broke lose and then CCJim showed up. The whole GBP is just another example of corporate greed. No regard to customers, environment, safety issues...and on and on.

CCJim perpetuated the frustration of the forum members by defending the hotel and its readiness.

Doylestown, PA
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ccJim

I have 1400 emails/day right now including around 70 from customers. Our customers are fine at the resort. It was the trip advisor forum which was causing them concern so I got involved where they were ...here. I have no idea what you mean by disrespect and slanderous remarks. I'm posting genuine remarks from our customers. Have a Happy New Year everyone and thanks to everyone for all the positive feedback in my email! (123 emails from trip advisor people so far thanking me for standing up to the people on the board who don't want me here). I appreciate it!

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ccJim

Thank you for your answer Jim.

10. Re: ccJim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, January 01, 2007