We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we call to make a request????`

VA
Level Contributor
163 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Should we call to make a request????`

Does anyone know if a phone call or an email has been productive? I'd like to remind the hotel that we need two double beds and would like to request a room that is ocean front/water view. I'm not sure of its worth it if people here have tried and not received a response. Does anyone have a number or email address to put this request in? We also booked the upgrade Club Golden.

Thanks for the help!

VA
Level Contributor
163 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we call to make a request????`

another question....which do you think is better...a call or an email?

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we call to make a request????`

Hi again,

Personally I usually opt for the phone simply because it's usually easier to get am immediate response. If you're getting fairly "important" information from anyone though, it's never a bad idea to ask them to email or fax whatever it is they promise just in case there's some confusion..

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we call to make a request????`

Always get it in writing! But as Steve said, a phone gets quicker results.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we call to make a request????`

In my business, we do a lot of phone, email and fax. I agree that the telephone is the quickest and easiest, but for any important phone conversation, I always confirm via email so I have something in hard copy form. Even just something simple like...

"Thanks for your time this afternoon, I just wanted to follow up with a confirmation to make sure we're all on the same page. From My understanding, our agreement is as follows: Blah Blah Blah. Please email me back with your confirmation."

This goes a long way in backing up your story when you're standing at the front desk. Also, email is so quick and easy that you don't have to worry about bothering anyone with a follow up phone call, etc.

I would imagine your travel agent or vacation package provider would be able to provide you with the telephone number and email address for whichever hotel you've chosen.

5. Re: Should we call to make a request????`

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 20, 2009