We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

!!!!Grand Bahia New Pix.!!!!

NYC
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
!!!!Grand Bahia New Pix.!!!!

To all of you folks who are going to grand bahia runaway bay and can't sleep at night. Enjoy and I hope I've relieved you of all worries. ))

We're going there Jan 6 -13 with a bunch of friends. Hope to see you all there!!!

P.S. you can thank the CheaCarribian agent. I'm just a meesanger

NYC
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: !!!!Grand Bahia New Pix.!!!!

sorry the pictures will take a few days to get approved by the tripadvisor staff. Please check under my profile.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: !!!!Grand Bahia New Pix.!!!!

Thank you PashaK. Though some of the photos are the same as those posted by CheapCarribean2, there are some new ones. The place looks great!! I hope you're looking forward to your trip as much as I am!

Have a great vacation and happy holidays!

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: !!!!Grand Bahia New Pix.!!!!

I'm just curious, what kind of great deal did you guys get on this place? I know alot of you booked through cheapcarribean but how cheap was it? Did it include air?

Thanks!

somers point, nj
Level Contributor
268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: !!!!Grand Bahia New Pix.!!!!

We paid $1,000 per person for 7 nights including air from Philadelphia. We are there from Jan 6 - 12

brooklyn, ny
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: !!!!Grand Bahia New Pix.!!!!

We paid $2200 for 7 nights for 1/27-2/3 direct flight from New York.

VA
Level Contributor
163 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: !!!!Grand Bahia New Pix.!!!!

Me, my wife and our two children agers 9 & 6. $4,000.00 from Richmond, VA to Philadelphia to Jamaica! We also opted for the Club Golden...included air.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: !!!!Grand Bahia New Pix.!!!!

Sounds like decent deals. I'm curious about those who are going during xmas, I wonder if those deals were as good. I notice that it seems to be cheaper during January because everyone is just back to work etc and can't take off.

Anyone going around xmas that could chime in?

How about March-April, other high times?

The $1000.00 from Philly per person is a pretty great deal imo.

brooklyn, ny
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: !!!!Grand Bahia New Pix.!!!!

It seems cheaper in early to mid-January and more expensive end of January to February-March.

I just priced (out of curiosity) Feb 3rd-Feb 10th (a week after we are going) and it is $280 more then I paid. It is still a very good deal. I had been told by CC that to upgrade for a Golden Club would be $450 extra and decided to skip it. I will rather buy some spa treatments once there, I do not think that they were a part of the package anyway.

I just looked at additional pictures and the lobby looks fabulous. I just thought that if I cancelled, like I tried to do after JamaicaSteves eyewitness account, I would have really ticked off at myself after seeing these pictures. Apparently, there are three beaches there: a crescent beach (pictured) and two smaller beaches on the sides (not pictured). If you look carefully at where there are palapas across the water: it is a continuation of the crescent beach. That side of the beach has plenty of vegetation and would be my choice if it is not too far to walk.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: !!!!Grand Bahia New Pix.!!!!

We paid $1950 US total (with direct air from Montreal) for our family of three for one week earlier this month... that's $650 each! (and that is not a special "agent" price)

I don't think $4000US for a family of 4 is a very good "opening special".

Blessings and respect to you Patti.

Steve

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: !!!!Grand Bahia New Pix.!!!!

Here's the natural beach we were on:

(you can see way in the background all the way to where you can walk to about 1.5 miles away)

…webshots.com/photo/2360382560082875822dAObWn

…webshots.com/photo/1523608956082875822cgjYKt

Simply beautiful! : )

Blessings and respect.

Steve