We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Pricipe Golden Club Room

sylernick
10 posts
Gran Bahia Pricipe Golden Club Room

Can anyone tell me what extras you get if you book the Golden Club room vs. the jr. suite at the gran bahia in jamaica. I can only seem to get from the travel agent that you get an extra dinner at one of the restaurants, a quite area where your room is and a different color wrist band. Does anyone know anything else?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
1. Re: Gran Bahia Pricipe Golden Club Room

There is a bit of info on the hotel company's website. Here's the link.

http://www.bahia-principe.com/bp/index.html

Here's the info:

Exclusive clubs

Club Golden Principe

An exclusive zone for you...

The Club Golden Príncipe, a private club that provides its guests with exclusive facilities and services, is located in a peaceful zone of the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica.

CLUB guests may enjoy both the hotel’s facilities and also exclusive facilities and services. These include reception, room service and towel service in the room for the beach/swimming pool.

CLUB GOLDEN PRÍNCIPE guests have a different-coloured identification bracelet and are therefore exclusively entitled to use the facilities and services of the CLUB GOLDEN PRÍNCIPE, as well as those of the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica hotel.

The CLUB GOLDEN PRÍNCIPE is part of the Gran Bahía Príncipe Jamaica but is separated and has exclusive indications/sign-posting from the rest of the hotel.

Club Diamond

An exclusive zone for you...

The Club Diamond, a private club that provides its guests with exclusive facilities and services, is located in a peaceful zone of the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica.

CLUB guests may enjoy both the hotel’s facilities and also a reception, restaurant (with house wine at meals and a buffet of salads prepared to taste), snacks from 11:00 a.m. to 11 p.m. (uninterrupted), games and reading room with air-conditioning, swimming pool for adults and children, and beach (with hammock reservation).

Guests at the CLUB DIAMOND have a different-coloured identification bracelet and are therefore exclusively entitled to use the facilities and services of the CLUB DIAMOND, as well as those of the Hotel Bahía Príncipe Jamaica.

Hope that helps.

kke
Houston
1 post
2. Re: Gran Bahia Pricipe Golden Club Room

Does anyone know if it's really worth the extra money? When I booked, the Club was $40 per night. I don't understand how the Club benefits differ from just being a 5 star resort. Anyone have experience with this?

Kingston, Can.
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
3. Re: Gran Bahia Pricipe Golden Club Room

sylernick; try this web sight in Canada. airtransat.com Punch in the dates you want to go,scroll to gbh golden. it explains the golden well. Hope this helps?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
4. Re: Gran Bahia Pricipe Golden Club Room

here is the additional inclusions as per Air Transat website.

YOUR ADDITIONAL INCLUSIONS AT ROYAL GOLDEN

Your all inclusive, plus

• Accommodation in spacious junior suites, with whirlpool, located on top floors • Concierge service and direct line to concierge desk • 24-hour room service (light menu) • 4 guaranteed reservations per week for à la carte dining • Separate check-in/check-out and full access to the Royal Golden Club House, a private lounge exclusive to Royal Golden guests • Newspapers and free Internet access at the Club House • Beach towels, bathrobes and slippers in room • Mini-bar restocked daily (water, soft drinks, beer and light snacks) • Coffee-maker in room • VIP room amenities (soaps and lotions) • Turn-down service • One bottle of wine in room • Welcome letter and distinct identification bracelet

When I booked my package to GBP Jamaica (Jan 6-20) the Royal Golden package was the same price as the regular package. Incentive to book with them I guess.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
142 posts
5. Re: Gran Bahia Pricipe Golden Club Room

Hi everyone...

I booked the normal Junior Suite, then I got all my info by email last week and we got a free upgrade to the Golden Club. It was a $400 upgrade each when we booked....score!

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
74 posts
6. Re: Gran Bahia Pricipe Golden Club Room

Beachbum, who did you book through. . . ??

sylernick
10 posts
7. Re: Gran Bahia Pricipe Golden Club Room

I booked through cheap carribean.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
142 posts
8. Re: Gran Bahia Pricipe Golden Club Room

We booked through selloffvacations.com, and it is a Airtransat Holidays package.

Beach Bum

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
74 posts
9. Re: Gran Bahia Pricipe Golden Club Room

hum. . . I was with cheapcaribbean as well. . .. . the free upgrade sounds nice. . . . don't think I'll be getting it. . .

Georgia
3 posts
10. Re: Gran Bahia Pricipe Golden Club Room

How did you like there? Would you recommend it?