We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping??

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
somers point, nj
Level Contributor
268 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shopping??

Would anyone know where to go shopping while staying at the GBP? We always enjoy batering with the locals and hope to do some while there. Also, any local bars/restaurants near the resort? 38 days and counting................

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shopping??

Just wondering if you ever made it to the Bamboo Village Marty and Jean?

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Avon Park
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shopping??

Steve,

No we never made it there :-(

I was so bummed.

Our next trip we are planning to split our time between Falmouth and Negril. That will ensure my getting there for sure.

Any suggestions on Negril as I know what you will say regarding Falmouth..lol ? We were toying with SATP...

jean

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shopping??

Hi Jean, happy Sunday!

I VERY STRONGLY recommend Sunset at the Palms in Negril, I toured around there a couple weeks ago, and it is expanded, yet still as gorgeously natural as ever!

As for Falmouth, as you know the Starfish is an incredible resort for the price and one of my top recommendations. Another couple of options to consider are FDR Pebbles which is a mid-sized moderate resort with a relaxed "summer-camp" type feel to it and then there's also my friend Tony's place the Time N Place Cottages which is close to as simple and basic as you can get, which can be a very pleasant option too!

Steve

Avon Park
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Shopping??

Happy Sunday to you, Steve.

Thanks for the info...would you know off hand if many resort rooms supply fridges in them? Not a big drinker, just would like to have cold water and sodas on hand.

70 degrees here tonight...feels almost like Jamaica...lol

jean

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Shopping??

Fridges are sort of "hit or miss"... I've seen many with them and many others that don't have them. They do have (stocked) fridges in all the rooms at Starfish, however from what I remember, they do not have them at Sunset at the Palms... I'm not 100% sure of that though, perhaps make a post to Tamas and ask him, he'll be able to tell you for sure.

Steve

16. Re: Shopping??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 25, 2009