We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shall we go?

London
6 posts
Save Topic
Shall we go?

Hi All. We are a group of 12 and are booked to go to RDCC for Xmas/Newyear. But after hearing all the bad reviews dont know weither to change for somewhere else. have heard about all the over bookings and the bad beaches. Where is best Runaway Bay or Montego Bay? has anyone got any real pics of the place? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Solihull, West Mids
Level Contributor
845 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shall we go?

Hi Mike MC

Just to echo what a couple of others have said - Jamaica is a wonderful Country with wondeful people. Obviously every Country in the world has its "unsafe" areas - I live in Birmingham England and I know a lot of places in Birmingham where I would not want to travel to - but you just avoid these places.

I have been to Jamaica twice and have just booked to go back for the New Year to celebrate my Silver Wedding - taking along our three children. Rest assured I would not even think of doing so if I did not think it was safe.

Whatever resort you choose to stay, someone will have something bad to say about it but equally someone will have something good to say.

I am sure you will have a blast!!! - beautiful weather, beautiful beaches and loads to drink and eat - what more could you want!!!

Los Montesinos...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Shall we go?

Hi Mike,

I left London 9 years ago after working on London Buses for 20 years I can show you some really rough places that you would not want to go after 8pm. I can also show you some pretty rough places in Birmingham, Leicester, Sheffield, Nottingham etc. Use your common sense, listen to the advice and have a great time. ps I havent been yet, going 2 may and I cant wait

USA
8 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Shall we go?

I work at Hedonism III in runaway bay........Jamaica

And i must say that Jamaica is great place...like every where else you will find bad spots .....really don't know what this guys issues are.....I am not sure what RDCC is like but what you can do is contact the hotel directly and have them send you pics of the place and maybe tell you a little about it.....

You have fun and then go back home and tell all your friends that didn't come what a ball you had....lol