We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to grab Bahia principe

Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to grab Bahia principe

I'm going to be travelling to Jamaica soon

Was just wondering best way to get hotel

Stay on transfer bus or get a driver??

United States
Level Contributor
13,438 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to grab Bahia principe

You need to define the term 'best'. As 'best' means 'lowest cost', I would take a transfer bus. If you define 'best' in a different way then the answer may be different.

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to grab Bahia principe

If you don want to suffer the long wait sometimes for a large bus to full and you don't mind paying a little more then I believe the best way is to get a private driver. If you need help finding such a service you can see www.montegobay-airport-transfers.com

Level Contributor
50 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to grab Bahia principe

TheVinnie

I wanted to just know how the transport was and was it a long time on bus

A simple question made complicated by you

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to grab Bahia principe

To be fair, you asked what the 'best' way was to get there, you didn't ask how the transport was. The difference in time between a bus and a taxi is minimal (maybe 10 mins), but dependant on whether the bus does a multi-drop. That said, GBP is usually the first drop in Runway Bay, so it's unlikely that you would have to stop anywhere else.

There are pro's and con's to both. You may have a short wait for the bus to fill up, but you will have to pay anything between $70-$120 for a taxi.

We all have our own opinions as to which is 'best'. Personally for me, I'd rather use the extra $ for something else, yet some people seem to prefer to rush to their resort in a cab.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to grab Bahia principe

Hi Dai O,

Can you let me know which way you ultimately went, big bus or private transfer? I've asked the same question just last week without any response, other than people suggesting that a private transfer is a nicer method of transportation. Thanks in advance.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
660 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to grab Bahia principe

We always get a private driver to beat the check in rush that is inevitable when the shuttle arrives.

You also avoid the unnecessary stop and delay while waiting for the rest of the bus passengers.

We use, and highly recommend, Zipp (Berly Lewis)

Zipp can be reached at: zipp.jamtours@yahoo.com

The cost is approx. $100 for two people, trip is hour to hour 15.

7. Re: Airport to grab Bahia principe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, June 16, 2015
8. Re: Airport to grab Bahia principe

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

9. Re: Airport to grab Bahia principe

10. Re: Airport to grab Bahia principe