We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Ambiance

Marco Island...
Level Contributor
287 posts
Save Topic
Club Ambiance

I am considering booking Club Ambiance for our delayed honeymoon. Has anyone reading this been there? I've read mixed

reviews; from "The greatest getaway" to "Don't ever go there".

Most reviews were good, however. One issue that concerned me

was someone who was there within the past few months complained of road construction-extremely noisy. Others say the ocean view from all rooms(as the website says) was not so accurate. I'm not overly concerned about it "not being a resort"

(I think this person was mad they didn't have five pools and room service). I just want somewhere pretty and peaceful looking at the sea that's within my budget-big reason I'm not going to a large resort. Can anyone help?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Ambiance

If you are looking for a budget place that is ok, then CA is for you. As you say you are not looking for a "resort" then you will be happy there. The very small manmade beach is just that, the food is adequate, but nothing special, the rooms are basic and clean. There is some noise as they seem to always be working on something, but it did not disturb me. While I cannot say I would ever return there, it is only what you pay for.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
98 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Ambiance

I have not been to this resort but am considering going next year for 3 days (with 3 more at Breezes Runaway Bay.) Club Ambiance is supposed to be the best bargain in Jamaica. It is not a 5 star and the property sounds like it is in need of a redo. But the staff is said to be top notch and they are what make vacations special. You don't spend any time in a room on a Jamaican vacation so to me old rooms aren't that important.

scotland
Level Contributor
117 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Ambiance

MountainAngel do go ahead and book Club Ambiance.

My wife and I have travelled to several Carribean Islands staying at 4 & 5 star resorts.

I would have to say without reservation that pound for pound or dollar for dollar this Hotel ranks highly in our opinion.

The number of repeat guests speaks volumes!

Yes they were resurfacing the road outside when we were there in July but I can safely say there was NO noise or inconvenience within the Hotel.

With a current ranking of 4th out of all Jamaican Hotels on Trip Advisor surely that should give you some comfort.

From the moment you walk through the front door the staff will embrace you and make you most welcome. The food and entertainment is of a good standard. Yes there may not be the variation in food choice that some of the Mega large complexes may offer however I feel this is an advantage because the buffet is regularly and hygienicly refreshed rather than it sitting around for an age.

The very few people that leave negative comments must lead a very shallow life! ENJOY. We will be returning next year.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Ambiance

Oh yes, forgot to mention the staff is wonderful, manager is tops. Do not take my review as negative, simply said it is not for me, I prefer Negril, the lovely 7 mile beach and accessability to wander around by foot. Have been traveling and selling Jamaica for 30 years (not exactly a "shallow life"), few times I have gone to Runaway Bay and vicinity but find there are those who prefer it....to each his own. Enjoy, CA sounds like a place that meets your criteria.

5. Re: Club Ambiance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, August 22, 2009