We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Choice

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
First Choice

Has anyone ever stayed at the RDCC, booking through first choice and found they were overbooked?

blackburn lancs uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First Choice

hi we went 3 rdcc in feb with first choice . there was 12 of us all 2 gether and we all got the rooms we had booked .

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Choice

Hi em1973,

I've never stayed at RDCC, but if they were over-booked where will you be staying now?

England
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First Choice

They are not overbooked, i was just seeing if anyone experienced it being over booked booking with first choice.

Thanks

:)

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: First Choice

I stayed at RDCC in April 2005 and went through First Choice. We never experienced overbooking. We went with First Choice again to a different resort this year and had no problem and have booked again with First Choice for next year !

LOL, Jo

Durham, England
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: First Choice

Hi There

I have just retured from the RDCC and booked through First Choice. Absolutely no problems. We booked in with over twenty other people and we all got the rooms we had been promised. Therefore don't worry and just look forward to your holiday.

Regards

Gail x

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Choice

Hi We travelled with First Choice in January this yr. The flight was good in as much that the leg room in one of the regular seats is good. In flight entertainment etc good too.

We had a beach cottage...number 62....far away to be quiet enough to sleep, but near enough to stagger home to...lol.

I read the reviews and I think its true ro say that all the good ones seem to come from the UK travellers. I did get slated for saying that the Americans seemed to be the ones who moaned too much. Enjoy your holiday, we are saving like crazy to return next February.

By the sea
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First Choice

We have stayed at the RDCC twice with First Choice and once with Thomson.

We have only ever seen booking problems for the American guests, usually on short stays (approx 5 days).

The problem appears to be with the Columbian management.

A beautiful place, not as good as it was though, the staff are not as happy or as plentiful.

Be good to the staff and they will look after you - its not always about money, make friends with these guys!

Reading, UK
Level Contributor
473 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Choice

Hello

We are staying at RDCC next year from 13-27 June, with First Choice. Like you, the reviews of overbooking have worried me but I have e-mailed RDCC who have said that there shouldn't be a problem. From what I've heard (I don't know how accurate it is) the problem seems to be with internet bookings not travel agent reservations. Fingers crossed! Hope you have a fab time!

southend,uk
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: First Choice

Hope it's not with internet bookings, that's how we booked and we fly out Monday week!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First Choice

Okay, now I have a question...exactly what IS 'first choice' ? Is it a travel agency?