We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary-from...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

heard then can be very "fun"

how about yours?

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,876 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

Shotgun! I never sit anywhere else. That's my chance to not only get the best view but also catch up on what's going on, what's happened since I was down last, how my driver's kids are doing :)

The ride from the airport is the first tour of the trip, the first real part of the vacation. I've already changed into shorts and sandals and gotten a beverage for the ride and off.....we.....goooooooo!!!

Kingston
Level Contributor
415 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

Don't want to be a party pooper here but road fatalities are a really serious issue here. Jamaicans do drive recklessly sometimes but this should not be encouraged. You should ask the driver to slow down a little if you are not comfortable. Just a few weeks ago some tourists from the US crashed into a lorry on their way from the airport, their little girl died and they were airlifted out to hospital in the US. You do not want to end up in a road traffic accident here, so please enjoy the drive but be responsible.

canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

there is a sign near the Moe Bay airport that lists motor vehicle fatalities in previous years. When we were there last (December 2004) if I'm remembering correctly, the count for 2003 was 400 and something?

To the person who will be travelling with a small child - I would recommend hiring a taxi and ask that they please take it slower than usual. Without fail, when we hire a taxi for tours, the drive is slow and laid back.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,876 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

When our children were small we brought a car seat for them. It's used in our car getting to the airport, on the plane and in whatever taxi or van we take while in Jamaica.

oklahoma
13 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

Thanks for the info cgshot!

Hollie

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

YouLookNice,

You can count on it!!!! LOL

Respectfully,

Jamaica4you

oklahoma
13 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

I'll take your guys advice with the car seat & taxi, thanks so much!