We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JRB, End of June/Early July 2014

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
JRB, End of June/Early July 2014

61 more Sleeps (2 months from today)!

My wife and I will be returning (home) for our 4th time, to Jewel Runaway Bay (9th time on this property). June 28th through July 11th. Celebrating our 16 year wedding anniversary on the 28th.

Through our countdown posts we have always meet some wonder people coming the same time of year. Last year we met a wonderful couple that now shares our anniversary. Hope to see them again. Can’t wait to see what this trip brings. Of course always excited to see our “on staff” family & their smiling faces.

So who else will be joining us this year? Be sure to stop by and say hello. First rounds on me. As we get closer, as always I’ll let everyone know the best way to spot us.

If you have any questions about the property feel free to contact me.

Until the end of June, Happy countdown and safe travels!

Drew & Elba

Cocotel & Mrs. Coco

Edited: 9:00 pm, April 28, 2014
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JRB, End of June/Early July 2014

Hope you have an amazing time! We are booked almost the same dates - expect one year later! 27th June 2015 for two weeks. Seems like forever away, but at least we have Punta Cana on 17th May, and a few weekend Europe breaks in the meantime to keep us going.

Happy travels!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JRB, End of June/Early July 2014

Hey Joe, No Problem. JRB is our home away from home. We're sure to see you in 2015. First time to Jewel? Let me know if you have any questions.

Enjoy!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JRB, End of June/Early July 2014

It will be a first time. I researched extensively, and am very happy that this will fulfill our needs. We have two teenage kids who will be 14 and 16 when we travel. It certainly seemed to tick all the boxes for us all.

Nearer the time I will email them to request a twin room for the kids and hope that won't be a problem. Would be nice to get connecting rooms, but not a massive issue if we can't. The kids are very level headed and sensible.

And if you are there in 2015, I'll get the drinks in!!

Raymond, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JRB, End of June/Early July 2014

Drew -

We'll be there right around the same time. We're arriving on 7/2, and leaving on 7/11. Myself, my husband, and our 2 boys (20 & 16). We were @ JRB last summer (late June), and my husband and I returned in October for our Anniversary. We're very excited to be heading back "home" as a family :)

We'll see you there!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,041 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JRB, End of June/Early July 2014

Congrats on your anniversary.

The very good news is that you will be in Jamaica when the lobster season reopens on July 1. Nearly all AI resorts have a big celebration of that event. Grilled lobster tails with lemon garlic butter: yum.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JRB, End of June/Early July 2014

Hey NH, if you were there last year late June we may have crossed paths. We were there last year on the 23rd I believe and well through July 4th. See you there and welcome to the countdown!

Raymond, New...
Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JRB, End of June/Early July 2014

Yep - we more than likely did. :) We were there for just 5 days (6/21-6/26), then went to Negril for 5 days.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JRB, End of June/Early July 2014

Yep, we were there. Lots of tattoos including a parrot on my leg. LOL. I'm a bit easy to spot.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JRB, End of June/Early July 2014

51 sleeps. Is it to soon to start packing? LoL.

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JRB, End of June/Early July 2014

JRB June 29-July 6th first time to this property, went to the Jewel Dunns River in 2011, and loved it!! So my hopes are high!