We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kingston town and dolphin cove swim

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Kingston town and dolphin cove swim

Has anybody done the above, if so can you please answer the following:

- thoughts/feedback

- worth the trip

- how much did it cost, roughly

Many thanks in advance for your advice and taking the time to read my post.

Chris

Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kingston town and dolphin cove swim

Kingston town? You mean a visit to Kingston to see around ? Dolphin cove is beautiful swimming with the dolphins is awesome. Worth the trip? Yes, if you want to do it go ahead no problems. The cost to Kingston depends on your place of departure and dolphin cove is 50 us.

United States
Level Contributor
10,829 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kingston town and dolphin cove swim

"Has anybody done the above"

By "Kingston town" do you mean the city of Kingston (the capital of Jamaica)? If so, Kingston and Dolphin Cove are not close to each other. The city of Kingston is on the south east of the island when Dolphin Cove has two locations one on the north east of the island and one on the north west of the island. The three locations are each several hours from each other.

3. Re: Kingston town and dolphin cove swim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:03 am, September 25, 2014
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kingston town and dolphin cove swim

Thank you for your replies. I was being lazy and trying to get feedback on 2 separate excursions I was interested in when I arrive.

Kingston would be a visit to the capital on one day and the dolphin cove on another

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kingston town and dolphin cove swim

That would be correct......with Kingston you will also see Spanish Town, the old capital and have a chance to see Port Royal.......quite a bit of History.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,041 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kingston town and dolphin cove swim

The cost of Dolphin Cove is very complex and can become very expensive very quickly. There is a fee at the entrance, then every dolphin activity (touching, swimming with, fin pull, two dolphin fin pull) adds up quickly. In principle, cameras are not allowed and you must buy your food on site. Have read that the disk of their photos of you is US$60.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kingston town and dolphin cove swim

Hedo, do you have any rough idea of what the activities cost i.e. touching, feeding and swimming?

I have noticed that the travel company I am looking at possibly booking with offer Scuba Diving excursions, not sure if you have any feedback on this also?

Many thanks for your help, your replies are much appreciated and very useful.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kingston town and dolphin cove swim

Thanks for the reply Glen, sounds interesting and a must do. Is there time in the trip for you to have a look around at your leisure?

I was going to book a trip to Havana when I visited Cuba last year but was put off by not having any free time to do your own thing.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kingston town and dolphin cove swim

In doing a private tour, you do have an allowance to see the city at Leisure, not just seeing but also experiencing.........

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kingston town and dolphin cove swim

Dolphin Cove is well woth the cost and not to be missed! You will enjoy your time at the park.