We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel Paradise Cove or Jewel Runaway Bay??

pa
Level Contributor
93 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Jewel Paradise Cove or Jewel Runaway Bay??

Hi, I can't decide on JPC or JRB? JRB has nicer beach which they say you can snorkel from the beach. JPC looks like a small beach and not good for snorkeling. We are a family of 4 going in June and like to do water sports activities. Which resort has better food, drinks, beach, and all around fun. My kids are 21 and 24 and like to keep busy and like healthy food and not junk food.

If anyone can help me decide I would appreciate.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove or Jewel Runaway Bay??

@janet, If you are a family of four would it be safe for me to assume they are all adults?

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove or Jewel Runaway Bay??

Oops...... did not see the ages.....21 and 24..... K

JRB does have the better beach of the two but do remember that JPC is adults and therefore the activities and entertainment will be geared thus. JPC also does have quite a bit listed in the package..............watersports plus.....

Virginia
Level Contributor
912 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove or Jewel Runaway Bay??

JRB (to me) is a much nicer property. I am sure that Jewel is doing a great job at JPC, and that it is improved in many ways since I was last at that property (It was Hedo III then) but it's limitations are physical and not easily overcome. The beaches there are very small and not very nice at all compared to the nice beaches in Jamaica. JRB has the nicest beach on the north coast IMO. JPC seems to be a resort that was built on a slab of concrete, while JRB seem far more like a natural tropical paradise to me. If the beach is important I would choose JRB. If you would prefer not to be around younger children then JPC would be a better fit. for sure.

Have fun wherever you go!

pa
Level Contributor
93 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove or Jewel Runaway Bay??

Thanks for your advice. Now I just have to decide, looks like JRB because of the nicer beach and that is what my family is looking for. Now, I just got to find a cheap airfare.

Orillia Ontario
Level Contributor
218 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove or Jewel Runaway Bay??

Believe me you will not be disappointed. You will come home with the attitude, "when can we go there again?" Ha Ha

6. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove or Jewel Runaway Bay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 18, 2015