We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel Paradise Cove star rating question

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Jewel Paradise Cove star rating question

We are looking at JPC for March - Tripadvisor rates it #1 with a 97% approval rating and the reviews seem great. However, when we look it up on the travel sites such as ITravel2000, you have to look under 3* properties. Can't find it in the travel brochures and travel agent doesn't seem to know anything about it. We normally like to vacation at 4/5* properties so there is some concern over the 3* rating. Can anyone help clarify this discrepancy? It would ease the minds of some of the group we are travelling with. Thanks in advance.

East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
526 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove star rating question

I have not been there myself, but the TA reviews I have read are stellar, to say the least. Regarding the travel sites, I think some retain the ratings from the resort's previous owners. JPC has only been open a short while. If there are reviews on those sites, I would look at the posting dates and that will confirm.

Me personally? I rely on the reviews in TA more than anywhere else. I read the reviews, discount those that whine about everything (a crappy flight has nothing to do with the resort, for instance) as well as those that are excessively positive, Then it is off to view the pictures from the visitors.

I have seen many posts that JPC has had a total makeover. Pics should confirm that...

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove star rating question

@Westhill, one of the reasons your travel agents might not be familiar with this property is that it it new. Not brand new in the sense of just been built but refurbished and a change of name (formerly Hedonism III). They no longer have the Hedonistic concept. I have seen the property personally and it is quite pleasing to the eye. The reviews on trip advisor are not necessarily travel agent reviews but reviews from actual travelers (which is good).

I would not worry too much about the 3 star rating. I have had clients who stay there and have not heard a complaint.

Hope that helps............

3. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove star rating question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 17, 2015