We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we take the plunge ?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Should we take the plunge ?

Hi going to Jewel and hear how the water is cold and you never use, its $400. extra ..........is it worth it ? and is it private?

Ontario
Level Contributor
715 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we take the plunge ?

lol....I had to read that a couple times. We had one in our room, we were on the top floor. I could easily look down at all the plunge pools, so behave lol. There are walls that separate you from your neighbor. We did use ours and really enjoyed it. Keep in mind a few feet away is a larger pool to use in that section.

Toronto
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we take the plunge ?

Up to you. The value wasn't there for me, $400 is a lot of money to have a "private" pool. I put that in quotes because it's not very private at all. They have big palm bushes partially blocking the view from outside, but anyone walking past can see in and as czechmate1ca said the neighbors upstairs can see everything. If you like that sort of thing though then maybe it is worthwhile... lol

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we take the plunge ?

It's not just for the pool, 24 hour rooms service,liquor, beer, wine champagne in the room as well.

Scott from JRB

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we take the plunge ?

While the other features may be worth the additional cost, I do not think the plunge pool is worth it. Our plunge pool water was too cool to enjoy. And while the foliage around the pool made it private, it also blocked the view. So on balance, I would not choose the plunge pool.

I believe that czechmate above is referring to the plunge pools on the oceanfront rooms. That's a whole other category of rooms. If you have a plunge pool on anything but a ground floor room, it's in the oceanfront block.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
171 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should we take the plunge ?

If I had the scratch for an oceanfront plunge pool I would definitely go for it. The extra services are worth it. No matter all the rooms are in Jamaica.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should we take the plunge ?

As Scott said, there are other perks that come along with the plunge pool rooms. As for temperature, it will depend on what time of year you go. I myself enjoyed sitting by the plunge pool late at night sipping the last drink of the day, or first of the morning. LOL.

That being said, if you can afford it, it's a nice addition to a relaxing holiday.

Enjoy!

Lansing, Iowa
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should we take the plunge ?

We had one last January and used it quite a bit and loved our room. It was not in the ocean front section.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should we take the plunge ?

Regular rooms have no beer in mini bar?

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should we take the plunge ?

Correct. Plunge pool category on up. All should have water and soda. Plenty of beer it the bars. LOL.

Edited: 9:30 pm, November 26, 2013
10. Re: Should we take the plunge ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 28, 2014