We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing for JRB

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
86 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Packing for JRB

We leave in 10 days! Do we need more than casual clothes? I have read mixed reviews on what is required for restaurants. Anything else that I may not think of?

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing for JRB

For the Italian restaurant men should have a collard shirt and I believe strap sandals, no flip flops. Other than that resort casual.

Enjoy!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
921 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing for JRB

Nine Days, oops I mean EIGHT days. See you there! I just added another cover up for myself and another bathing suit for my daughter. Can't have enough of those. I am taking a few sundresses and I told my husband he has to bring a pair of "docker" type pants for dinner. And it's a great time for the hubby to wear all those crazy tropical shirts stuffed in the closet. Those are comfy when it's hot, no need to tuck in, and they have a collar and look nice. I don't want to see a man's naked foot when I eat so my husband packs slip on shoes like Sperry's or even tennis shoes. Whatever he wears on the plane is usually what goes with the pants for dinner.

Whatever you have ready to go, take a second look and remove some stuff. You won't need it all and you will need to wash it all when you get home if you pack it. The sundress you wear for dinner on Tues can be worn to breakfast on Thurs (take a small spray bottle of Febreeze to freshen it up).

And remember to pack 1/2 of your clothes in each suitcase in case one gets lost, and pack clothes to change into in your carry-on in case your room is not ready if you arrive prior to 3 p.m.

See you there!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
86 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing for JRB

Thanks guys! I'm on my way!

4. Re: Packing for JRB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 19, 2014