We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fdr peebles anyone?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
10 posts
Save Topic
fdr peebles anyone?

My wife and I will be staying at peebles Sept2-9 is there anyone else going the same time or that have come back aad give us some info.

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: fdr peebles anyone?

Are you traveling with children? I was just at Starfish and walked down to Pebbles to check it out, the beach was tiny and the resort was kind of quaint. I'm not knocking it since I just kind of toured around it but it seems very quiet, low key compared to the Starfish. My children thanked me very much for not booking there, it looked "boring" to them. You are next to the big bamboo craft village and also Time and Place restaraunt which is awesome.

The big sell for the resort is the nanny, which is why I ask about the children.

Mass.
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: fdr peebles anyone?

Was at FDR Pebbles in early May, and had a great time! Pebbles is smaller , quieter , and more "rustic" than the larger , fancier resorts, which was just what we wanted. You could be as involved and active or as relaxed and left alone as you wanted to be. People were GREAT, drinks were top notch and plentiful (try the "Purple Rain"). Food was probably the weak link for us, but others thought it was terrific. Grounds are GORGEOUS! Beach was just fine---well-maintained, sandy, shallow entry to water---most people used the pool anyway. The free scuba lesson/dive in our package was a highlight, as was nearby Luminous Lagoon(not free). Free trip into nearby Falmouth was a nice way to see "the real" Jamaica, but don't expect a leisurely shopping excursion! We didn't have trouble with mosquitoes--they fog the grounds daily, and you can request that your room be sprayed in the evening when you're at dinner. Hope you have a great time--we did!

California
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: fdr peebles anyone?

We are not traveling with children this trip.I didn't realize this was a "kids" resort when I booked it.I hope that we have a good time anyway.I am a certified diver and am looking forward to the included dives and lessons for my wife.Thanks for the info

4. Re: fdr peebles anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, August 16, 2009