We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm a JRB review addict...and

Aylmer, QC
Level Contributor
126 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
I'm a JRB review addict...and

I read them everyday .... But is it wrong to look forward to Mr. Robbins responses MORE than the reviews? LOL!!!! I wish there was a "like" button!

I LOVE how how he clarifies stituations and complaints with facts. If there's room for improvement he takes note, but if it's an unreasonable work of fiction...look out 'cuz yuh gonna get schooled!

We are so looking forward to our first visit in 2014 ...

Until then, I continue to feed my review addiction but can't wait to feed my soul on the promises of what awaits me at JRB!

Montego Bay, Jamaica
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm a JRB review addict...and

sleep on this , that hotel that you booked has one of the nicest beach you will ever find on the north coast, rest assured!!

Aylmer, QC
Level Contributor
126 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm a JRB review addict...and

Thank you Dacreal! Trust me when I say I'm dreaming about it already. My Jamaican friends here are always boasting about the beaches on the north coast. I can't wait to experience it so that I can boast too! lol!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm a JRB review addict...and

Fuzzy, I'm addicted to. I've been there enough times and know ALL the good things by now so I normally pass on reading most of those. I to love reading the bad reviews and wait for the rebuttal as Scott shines light on what REALLY happened. I actually had the pleasure of witnessing this first hand one time. An unhappy guest was offered whatever it took to make there stay better. In that case it was food. They point blank said no thank you, they were all right. The minute they returned home they posted a negative review. If you have a challenge and upper management themselves offer to make it right and you refuse then who's to blame?

JRB, by far the best of the best on the north coast!

Enjoy and happy reading.

Toronto
Level Contributor
166 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm a JRB review addict...and

I'm in the same boat!! I send all of Scott's comments to my husband. We're both in the service industry, so it's great to hear management clarifying situations. We aren't going till November and the wait is killing me.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm a JRB review addict...and

I agree, and after you meet Scott it is even more fun. My personal favorite was I complimented him via PM on a response to a question about if there would be unruly kids at the pool when a guest arrived in eight months time. I can't tell you specifically what he said as I consider a PM just that, a private message between two people, but will say his retort to me was spot on and hilarious. He and I were doing some good natured bantering during my live at JRB post and when. I finally met him we did a side hug and both had a good laugh. Which reminds me, I owe him a review.

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm a JRB review addict...and

There is many of us out here!! I've been to JRB about 10 times total counting the times at Breezes and even Jamaica Jamaica. Last March was the first time at JRB and we brought 42 of our friends and family for our daughters wedding and it was just perfect!! Everyone enjoyed the resort and the wedding. We have always loved the size of the resort and the people there which make the place so popular. After years of AI in many islands and never repeating a resort except for this resort it shows how much we love this place. Scott has been the best about answering our questions and keeping us posted on what is going on. I just love his comments on reviews!!!! The improvements they have made at the Jewel have been great!! Love the pizza!! Keep up the good work Scott!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
712 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm a JRB review addict...and

I also agree what you have said about Scott...can't ask for a better person. Although we were staying at JDR in February he came to the resort to say hello to my husband and I! We have been to JDR 3 times, and we are now going to JRB Oct.11th and cannot wait!

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm a JRB review addict...and

You guys are crazy, that guy Scott's a jerk. :)

Scott from jewel

Aylmer, QC
Level Contributor
126 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm a JRB review addict...and

You are all making me wish I had booked two weeks! I consider you all part of my support group and glad we took the first step of admitting we have a problem. :)

Mr Robbins if you are a"JERK" than call me CHICKEN!!!! LOL!

Your responses are full of flavor and with a good amount of heat! Woy! Thank you for entertaining us even before we get there!

I do obsess about knowing absolutely everything about a resort before arrival but it's truly because I don't want to waste a minute in paradise figuring out who,what where and why... The biggest decision I want to make is sunshine or shade...and even my husband who is more of a "let's explore when we get there" kinda guy wants to know... "Who did Mr. Robbins set straight today?" We appreciate the time you take to respond to reviews and posts and look forward to meeting you!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm a JRB review addict...and

As much as we all love the "Who did Mr. Robbins set straight today?" responses. I just can't wait until the day when 'those" type of reviews disappear and all the reviews are positive! No Problem, Soon Come!.