We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just came back yesterday from GBP

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Just came back yesterday from GBP

Any questions ?

Sutton, Nebraska
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Just came back yesterday from GBP

What level of service did you pay for? Did you enjoy your stay?

N.J
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just came back yesterday from GBP

Going in a few weeks is there a new restaurant Picasso it's not on there web site but guest talk about it ?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just came back yesterday from GBP

Are jeans permitted in any of the restaurants or they need to be dress slacks? I am leaving for GBP on Saturday.. tks

Hampshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just came back yesterday from GBP

Hey all - Just back too. Here are my answers to the above:

1) I paid for standard and upgraded to Don Pablo when we got there. The rooms are not hugely different, but we wanted the private pool and beach area and lounge with faster wifi access. Upgrade cost $25 pppn and is based on avaiability. Resort was full when we were there.

2) Picasso is the Spanish restaurant. Not sure if it's new, We dined there one night. The restaurant has a small buffet style starters area with spanish style stuff like Tortilla/Tapas/Chorizo/Salads and then it's a A la carte main course and dessert. I had Lean Pork in Blue Cheese sauce followed by trio of desserts (2 profiteroles stuffed with different fillings and a cinnamon rice pudding). Was lovely.

3) Jeans were worn mainly in the buffet and slacks in the a la carte restaurants. To be fair, it's so warm/humid in the evenings, Jeans would be too hot for me. I'd go with more slacks for the a la carte and smarter shorts for the buffet.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Just came back yesterday from GBP

Thank you for your input.. I have a few more days to go... Stay safe everyone!!!!!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just came back yesterday from GBP

Is there anything outside the gates or is it pretty secluded? Can you walk to local bars and shops? Thanks.

Save Reply
7. Re: Just came back yesterday from GBP

First off, how was your vacation?

Some of us want to do a couple of excursions. Did you do any? Any recommendations? Would you book with GBP or whatever affiliates are around the property? Or would you book ahead of time online/email based on reviews you've seen on TA ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just came back yesterday from GBP

Hi we had a great time we booked a sea view room and in my opinion we had a better view than the upgraded section we received bar service on the beach even though there is a couple of bars across the beach the area of the beach next to the nude beach in the end has softer sand much better than the fenced up area for the upgraded section,,, saw most men in dress shorts and sandals for dinner didn't see jeans girls a lot of maxi dresses even in the buffet note buffet gets really busy at 8ish try to go earlier or have a later dinner lover the steak at the grill house we did sunset tour which included shopping in Negril margaritta vile all day took 3hours to get there but it was a lot of fun nothing around the resort you old have to take a cab it s the only resort there

Try bob marley shot my ears are still burning enjoy I would go back no problem mon

9. Re: Just came back yesterday from GBP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 05, 2014