We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returned from Jewel RB yesterday - family trip with kids

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
625 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Returned from Jewel RB yesterday - family trip with kids

Just returned from Jewel RB. Ask any question and I will attempt to answer as best I know. Traveled with hubby and 2 kids - 5 and 9. Had a wonderful time! Kids are happy and talking about "next year." Great staff and activities. I will also draft and post a review soon. Definitely a great resort.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Returned from Jewel RB yesterday - family trip with kids

Are you glad you did the switch from the Hilton to JRB ?

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
625 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Returned from Jewel RB yesterday - family trip with kids

We definitely enjoyed our time at Jewel. The variety of activities, plus the beautiful, crystal clear water made the trip great. I know the water park pool at Hilton is probably better than the ones at the Jewel, but the other points made up for that. I should try the Hilton, though, for a really fair comparison. LOL. Raring to return to the beautiful island already!

Hershey...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Returned from Jewel RB yesterday - family trip with kids

I want to go there this time next year. How many families with young kids were there? My kids will be 6 and 11 months next year. Will the baby be inconvenient! We staed at sunset beah Montego Bay and there were tons of kids from infant to teenager

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
625 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Returned from Jewel RB yesterday - family trip with kids

There weren't a ton of kids there. There were enough for mine to play with but I'm pretty sure not as many as would have been if we stayed at Sunset Beach. Maybe because it's new to the family resort arena?

Sundown, Texas
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Returned from Jewel RB yesterday - family trip with kids

How were the sunsets? Did you use Jamaican money or US dollars? What type of room did you stay in? ANy reccommendations?

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
625 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Returned from Jewel RB yesterday - family trip with kids

We booked a waterview room (2225) and had view of the pool and beach. The sunset is one of Jamaica's best assets ever. In fact, our portrait, taken by the resort photographer Rowan, is now holding a place of distinction above the fire place. We tipped with US$. They put out a daily resort schedule and we usually reviewed it to determine what we wanted to do for the day. If Jade Samurai/Golden Saber restaurant is fully booked when you call the concierge, try the hostess anyway, sometimes people do not show up.

3JP
Level Contributor
92 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Returned from Jewel RB yesterday - family trip with kids

Do they have night time activities or shows geared towards families? We have been to many other resorts and although they have shows at night, nothing really geared towards interacting with kids and families.

We are going at Christmas with a small group with kids ranging from 4 to 11 yrs.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
625 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Returned from Jewel RB yesterday - family trip with kids

Our kids were too tired to stay up much later than 8:30 pm. Shows generally started later than that. The kids club had movies (indoor and outdoor) that started at 7:30 pm. The kids only managed to stay up for 1 show: the circus one and they enjoyed it.

19. Re: Returned from Jewel RB yesterday - family trip with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 02, 2014