We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel Runaway Bay Question - Water Park

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
902 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Jewel Runaway Bay Question - Water Park

I read something about a water park being constructed at the JRB. Is there an estimated opening date for this? We will be visiting mid-Nov 2013 with our 5 year old and this would be a great activity for her. And instead of having to spend money to take her to Great Wolf Lodge for her birthday in the winter I could skip that and spend the cash at the duty free on site! LOL!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Question - Water Park

There is a proposed water park but I don't know if this it will be there by November. I'm sure Scott from Jewel will stop by the post to update on this. Either way, I'd take Jamaica over Great Wolf anyday. LOL.

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Question - Water Park

The Waterpark is a definite however it will not be ready by november. With plans being redrawn on Island and then having to go through the approval stage and then approximately a five month build early next year would be an educated guess.

There are still quite a lot of things for a five year old to do.

Scott from Jewel

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
902 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Question - Water Park

Believe me, I would rather NEVER go to Great Wolf, but trying to explain that to an overpriviledged 5 year old girl just doesn't come easy. So, that means we do Jewel AND Great Wolf. It's her birthday present. I get to do that in lieu of hosting a party for a bunch of screaming children.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Question - Water Park

Hello- Could you please tell me when construction will be taking place? We are also considering visiting in November, but I am conerned about jackhammers and other noise pollution from the project.

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Question - Water Park

Not sure on the exact date. The location of the pools are on east side of the property so if any it will only affect the east side of the topaz block which is 30 odd rooms that we don't really need those rooms at that time. There is nothing to jack hammer as ther eis no existing foundation is there. Most of the slides are prefab and there is a huge buffer of shrubs and trees and space as well.

In the end it is your call

Scott from jewel

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Question - Water Park

Thank you for the speedy reply Scott :)

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Question - Water Park

Hiya

Sorry to keep repeating the same question but me and my family are planning to stay at jewel July 2014

would the water park be completed by this time.

Kind Regards

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Question - Water Park

Keep on asking and I will keep on answering all I know. We just put the notice sign of future site. Waiting for the go ahead from parish council in the next week or so and then we can start the build.

Scott from Jewel

new york
Level Contributor
2 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Question - Water Park

Hi Scott,

I am strongly considering booking for the April 2014 break. How does it look for the water park?

Thanks!

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Question - Water Park

It is taking a while at the approval board. It looks like it is going to make the October approval meeting now as some of the agencies have not gotten back to Parish Council so we wait......